Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Customers from admin addon

I posted a link below to the updated module....

2 things you should understand..... My time for creating, lending support and just plain answering questions is donated by me.

Secondly, you read far enough down to find bug fixes... BUT failed to download the updated module from the link I posted.

The updated module has been submitted to the downloads section, but they are swamped ... Which is why I provided the link.

FYI also, there are some additional added instructions in the newest update... You are in fact 2 updates behind.

So... Download the module http://pro-webs.net/store/index.php?...products_id=96

and try again... or don't. Zen Carts by their very nature have a wide range of modules and customizations... The issue could be anything, but installing the latest version is a good start.

Additionally, are all of these sites with the same webhost? Have you checked if you can upload in this manner or know that you can?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I chose not to download the latest versions because it would require that I give Pro-Webs all of my contact information, which I'd really rather not do. Not that I expect to be spammed by them or other people that they might give my info to, but I already get too much unwanted email from companies that I had to give contact info to. No offense intended.

I'm aware that I am two versions behind. As far as I know, the only additional modifications made to version 1.05 were to fix the issue when adding customers individually via the form, the one that made the address info appear in the company field. I haven't gotten around to making those code changes yet since I figured they'd have no effect on the bulk upload problem. I also know about the work around to avoid the
    Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/spiritc/public_html/reiki/admin/add_customers_backend.php on line 377 error message.

As I mentioned in my last message, one of the stores is hosted by a different company. With that store, I did not get the error message. Instead, I got a completely blank screen. The customers still were not added.

There was no need for you to tell me that your time is donated. I am well aware that every person who helps others on this board is donating their time. I've done the same thing, donating hours to help others here, including posting a mod. I'm certainly very grateful for the time people take out of their busy schedule to try to help others here.

If there were some important additional instructions, I would love to know what they were. I'm assuming that I already have all the code changes, unless there are others that weren't mentioned in this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Ahh.. the thrills of open source... without some of our time, we would be putting out dollars for something that doesn't work.

MaureenT
    The section of code that you show in error is looking at the file name! Do you have a space in the name, if so, replace it with a underline. maybe try a short name like test.csv

my test.csv file...
    Code:
    email,first_name,last_name,dob,gender,company,street_address,suburb,city,state,postcode,country,telephone,fax,newsletter,send_welcome
    [email protected],road,wrongway,1910-01-01,m,,1234 deadend,,acton,CA,12345,US,111-111-1111,,0,0
    [email protected],mad,baddog,2000-03-21,f,,1234 woody,,acton,CA,12345,US,111-111-1111,,0,0
    The above worked without modifying the mod.

I did find a problem when converting the country into it's ID number. My site 'US' code was different then what was hard written. If you have problems, look at this section of code and change it to your country ID, mine was 241.
    Code:
    if ($country == 'uk') {
    $country_id = 222;
    } else if ($country == 'us') {
        $country_id = 223;
      }
    See if that helps, the test.csv was tested on a Linux server, running Apache2, MySQL5 and PHP5
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Ahh.. the thrills of open source... without some of our time, we would be putting out dollars for something that doesn't work.
    Yep, that's the way it is. But, hey, at least we don't have to pay to get support, unlike some companies that shall remain nameless.

The file names I was using had no spaces or special characters, but there were spaces in the folder tree they were in, so I moved them to a spot where there were no spaces in any of the folder names. Unfortunately, it made no difference. I tried the csv you posted (thanks!) and named it "test", but still no joy.

The U.S. is the default 223 in this store, so that's not an issue. I do have to wonder, though, about adding customers who are in other countries besides the U.S. or the UK. You'd either have to add them manually with the form or change the code to accept other locations. Of course, if I don't get this bulk upload working, that's not going to be an issue for this store. ALL of the present customers will have to be added manually.

As for the servers, three if the stores I tested are on Unix, one on a Linux. The Linux is the one that comes back with a blank screen rather than the error message. MySQL version varies, 4 on the oldest server, 5 on all the others. The same goes for the PHP version.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MaureenT View Post
    Yep, that's the way it is. But, hey, at least we don't have to pay to get support, unlike some companies that shall remain nameless.

The file names I was using had no spaces or special characters, but there were spaces in the folder tree they were in, so I moved them to a spot where there were no spaces in any of the folder names. Unfortunately, it made no difference. I tried the csv you posted (thanks!) and named it "test", but still no joy.

The U.S. is the default 223 in this store, so that's not an issue. I do have to wonder, though, about adding customers who are in other countries besides the U.S. or the UK. You'd either have to add them manually with the form or change the code to accept other locations. Of course, if I don't get this bulk upload working, that's not going to be an issue for this store. ALL of the present customers will have to be added manually.

As for the servers, three if the stores I tested are on Unix, one on a Linux. The Linux is the one that comes back with a blank screen rather than the error message. MySQL version varies, 4 on the oldest server, 5 on all the others. The same goes for the PHP version.
    If you are referring to us... then you are sadly mistaken. How on earth can we help you if you do not start w/ a fresh updated version?

Yes, we require you to create an account for this download..... You are NOT added to any list or other BS... We have NEVER spammed anyone, ever and why should we not require you to login to download the module we have been contributing to for free in a secure manner?

I suppose, we should just give a direct download link you can then post and flood our servers w/ non redirected download links?

The newest version has been submitted to ZC... They are kinda busy I suspect w/ 2.0.

My point is this.... You have no business saying things like this.... EVEN if you do not specifically say me or our company. You are way out of line here.

I personally have this module working correctly on 9 carts currently, added the folks here who have downloaded it from our cart 58x since the update w/o issue. I have answered emails, uploaded csv files for testing and overall lent very good support here.

I have been more than happy to help you.... But I have no idea your skill set and cannot really help you until you are in fact running the current version... as we know the older revs have some concerns which have been posted here and emailed to us.

I suspect if you were to search my username you would see that I personally have helped hundreds of people here and have NEVER, NOT ONE SINGLE TIME solicited work from this forum in any way shape or form.

Your comment is quite badly taken and rude.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    If you are referring to us... then you are sadly mistaken. How on earth can we help you if you do not start w/ a fresh updated version?

Yes, we require you to create an account for this download..... You are NOT added to any list or other BS... We have NEVER spammed anyone, ever and why should we not require you to login to download the module we have been contributing to for free in a secure manner?

I suppose, we should just give a direct download link you can then post and flood our servers w/ non redirected download links?

The newest version has been submitted to ZC... They are kinda busy I suspect w/ 2.0.

My point is this.... You have no business saying things like this.... EVEN if you do not specifically say me or our company. You are way out of line here.

I personally have this module working correctly on 9 carts currently, added the folks here who have downloaded it from our cart 58x since the update w/o issue. I have answered emails, uploaded csv files for testing and overall lent very good support here.

I have been more than happy to help you.... But I have no idea your skill set and cannot really help you until you are in fact running the current version... as we know the older revs have some concerns which have been posted here and emailed to us.

I suspect if you were to search my username you would see that I personally have helped hundreds of people here and have NEVER, NOT ONE SINGLE TIME solicited work from this forum in any way shape or form.

Your comment is quite badly taken and rude.

~Melanie
    No, I was not talking about your company. I've had no business dealings with your company, so I wouldn't know what its policies are. I was referring to some large, well known companies that require that you pay for all but the most basic tech support either via a phone call that you are charged a fee for or by subscribing to a service. The company of one of the programs I use most often is that way.

It is possible to include attachments to posts, which do not require a link back to the contributor at all. I have downloaded more than one of them from here. Obviously, you're free to do it the way you are, but it isn't the only way.

As I quite clearly said in my other message, I was not accusing your company of sending out spam. However, past experience has shown me that whenever you give your contact info to a company online, the chances are high that you are going to receive a certain amount of email contact from them. Again, having had no prior dealings with your company, I would not know what your policies are regarding such things.

Being a business owner, as well as someone whose clients also do business online, I can certainly understand the concern someone might have over what will be done with the email address they submit, and I don't get offended if someone expresses reluctance to give out their email address and other contact info. I can sympathize with them since I have to deal with unwanted email myself. And that's not including all the junk mail I get in my mailbox from companies that have my physical address, including catalogs from companies I've never even done business with! No, I am not implying that yours does that either.

I don't know why you're taking so much offense to my comments. I never accused your company of any shoddy dealings, nor did I accuse you of anything. I never questioned your desire to help people here or said that you were trying to get money out of anyone. Obviously, you misread and misunderstood everything I said. If you simply cannot understand my reluctance to give out my contact information, there's nothing I can do about that, but the fact remains that there are a LOT of people out here in the world who feel the same way. It is not a personal slight to you or your company; it is a response to an issue that is very real.

My apologies if the way I worded something made you think that I was attacking the integrity of you or your company. I was most definitely not doing any such thing.

Plugin Contributions

My apologies if the way I worded something made you think that I was attacking the integrity of you or your company. I was most definitely not doing any such thing.
    I was certainly hoping you were not talking about us or me... But thank you for clearing this up for the folks who stop in read 2 posts and leave with the opinion you were bashing us.

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have a simple question. When I add a new customer, do they get an email with a password for their new account??

Stan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Resqjock View Post
    OK, I have a simple question. When I add a new customer, do they get an email with a password for their new account??

Stan
    Yes, check the welcome letter box

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

M,
    I know you did not create this mod, but I was wondering if it is normal for the program to NOT clear the fields after you insert a new addition??

Everything works just fine except for the darn error message about the "array" for the gender on line 377.

SK

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast