Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Customers from admin addon

I can only guess that there is a specific server or installation issue with your site. This module has been installed on many many sites and emails go out without issue.

We just used it two weeks ago to import 8K customers from an old ASP cart and it worked fine and welcome emails were sent.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I just looked at this module for someone who was experiencing problems with it not sending emails for bulk uploads. What I found was that if you have a 1 or zero in the csv file for send_welcome (as per the formatting guide), then there was no way any email could be sent. The module version being referred to here is 1.05

The statement at line 70 of add_customers_backend.php:
    PHP Code:
    'send_welcome'=>(in_array(strtolower(get_row_id('send_welcome'$line)), array(false,'','n','no')) ? 0:1
    is going to insert a value of 1 for $send_welcome even if you have a 0 in that field, because it's not even checking for a 0. So even if you had all lines set to 0 for send_welcome, you'd expect that every line would get an email sent as a result of that error. However, at line 415, the only condition under which the email will be sent is:
    PHP Code:
        if($send_welcome == 'send'
    To correct this problem, line 70 of add_customers_backend.php should be changed to:
    PHP Code:
    'send_welcome'=>(in_array(strtolower(get_row_id('send_welcome'$line)), array(false,'','n','no','0')) ? 0:'send'
    but wait - there's more...

at line 376, in the function insert_customer(), there is this code:
    PHP Code:
        if (ACCOUNT_GENDER == 'true') {
            if (!
    in_array(array('m','f'), substr(strtolower($entry_gender), 01))) {

$errors[] = 'Gender not recognised. Expected "m" or "f", got: ' $entry_gender;
            }

$sql_data_array['entry_gender'] = $entry_gender;
        } 
    Now, some people have been reporting in this thread that they are seeing php warnings from line 377 - this is why: there is no variable $entry_gender set. The variable that should be being checked is actually $customers_gender.
    This check has no place here in this function anyway - it should be part of the function validate_customer() - and what's the point of using
    PHP Code:
    substr(strtolower($customers_gender), 01
    (using the correct variable) when $customers_gender has already been set to a single lowercase character string at lines 50 and 51?

One final point:
    I also found during troubleshooting this module that if there was only a single error in the csv file, and you have it set to process only if no errors, you get bounced right back to the start with no error message and no customers processed. In the file add_customers.php at line 66 is this condition for displaying errors:
    PHP Code:
    if (count($errors) > 1) { 
    That's fine if you have more than one error, but if you have only one, then it won't get displayed. That line needs to be:
    PHP Code:
    if (count($errors) > 0) { 
    A zip file with corrections for the above errors is attached to this post.
    Last edited by bunyip; 6 May 2009 at 08:48 AM.
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

Not ALL people are having issues with bulk email welcomes not being sent... only some.

For example I have 4 installations of this on my own sites and works perfectly, can even state in CSV some yes send and some no.

The gender issue is commented for those experiencing errors in the install.txt as follows.
    No further reported bugs except some users will need to comment out
    the gender related code in add_customers_backend.php (line 377)
    This also is only a problem for some... matter of fact, months back we determined this was likely related to PHP as a CGI.

Ok, so my point is if you are going to rewrite the module... you need to think of all. Also, if you choose to rewrite it, you test it and release it properly including updating the version and bug fix log. This module has been Downloaded: 12861 times and another 500 or so from our store... with only these few issues reported here, most of which have been corrected for all users. Some will need PHP 5 as noted in the install log.
    Add Customers page for Zen-Cart 1.3.5+
    Modified from the Edit Customers page in the Zen-Cart Admin
    by Aerodynamic_hippo 01/17/2007

Version 1.01 modified from Aerodynamic_hippo's 1.0 version by Rick Riehle on 2007-09-30. In v1.01 the new customer's password is automatically generated by the system using the zen_create_random_value function, rather than being generated and assigned by the admin. This is considered better security practice, because, at least in theory, no one but the customer knows the password. Note, however, that there is a hole in this logic: whoever receives a copy of the new account email notice will know the password. If you would rather be able to manually specify the password, use the 1.0 version. V1.01 is working in my test instance of Zen Cart v1.3.7; however, I recommend you test this before putting it into production, and include a review of the email that is sent to new customers. Many thanks to Aerodynamic_hippo for v1.0 of this useful mod. -- Rick Riehle 2007-09-30

1. Upload all files to your store directory, the new menu item will be in the Customers menu.

This is the first modification I've made to Zen-Cart in module format, so please offer constructive criticism of my organization if it sucks :)

Please route questions through the Zen-Cart forums.

-------------------------------------------
    Version 1.03
    Modified to allow bulk CSV uploading through the Zen Cart admin interface PRO-Webs.net 2008.
    Version 1.04 2/18/2009
    Minor bug fix changed partially absolute paths to full admin directory relative paths
    as reported in support thread. Fixed open php reported and additional language file
    line break. Uploaded fresh to a test store and created cuatomer w/o error,
    email welcome and password were sent.

1 Bug remaining... #1 address is not imported to the proper field and company
    name is not correctly imported.

If you fix this before we do, please contribute to the modules development
    here http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=454
    Version 1.05 2/28/2009
    Bug fix provided via support thread davewest repairing the misplaced
    customer fields on manual additions.

No further reported bugs except some users will need to comment out
    the gender related code in add_customers_backend.php (line 377)

Some will need to select Select Part (Insert valid lines) when uploading bulk.

PHP 5 is required to use the Bulk Uploading Functions.

-------------------------------------
    So, if 50 people grab it here and install it and have issues related to your fixes... I will get 50 emails

If you are going to repackage it... please follow the Zen Cart submission guidelines and repackage it correctly and submit it here http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...index&cPath=40

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

bunyip,

I just loaded your corrected files and I'm cured!

Thanks for taking the time to work out the issues with this module.

I will test the changes on a different server, different host (also having problems with the original files) and let you know how that goes.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

I have updated the version and bugfix log with my changes, and submitted a complete package to the downloads section.

The updated version is now compatible with php4 and no longer requires php5 to use the bulk upload function. The error reported in earlier posts with regard to the function strripos was a result of trying to run it on php4, as that function was only introduced with php5. I've replaced that with the strrpos function, as it's only looking for the . before the file extension, and so a case-insensitive search isn't required.

The country IDs for US and UK are no longer hard-coded into the module - they are taken from the database.

The customer's password is now replaced with 'xxxxx' in the admin copy of the emails.

The store default setting for customer's email format is now used instead of a hard-coded 'HTML'.

The gender checking at line 377 that 'some users will need to comment out' according to the install.txt file has been fixed and should now function correctly for everyone.

I've tested the module on with Zen Cart 1.2.7/PHP 4.3/MySQL 4.0.24 and Zen Cart 1.3.8a/PHP 5.21/MySQL 5.0.27 without any problems.
    Neville

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I have updated the version and bugfix log with my changes, and submitted a complete package to the downloads section.

The updated version is now compatible with php4 and no longer requires php5 to use the bulk upload function. The error reported in earlier posts with regard to the function strripos was a result of trying to run it on php4, as that function was only introduced with php5. I've replaced that with the strrpos function, as it's only looking for the . before the file extension, and so a case-insensitive search isn't required.

The country IDs for US and UK are no longer hard-coded into the module - they are taken from the database.

The customer's password is now replaced with 'xxxxx' in the admin copy of the emails.

The store default setting for customer's email format is now used instead of a hard-coded 'HTML'.

The gender checking at line 377 that 'some users will need to comment out' according to the install.txt file has been fixed and should now function correctly for everyone.

I've tested the module on with Zen Cart 1.2.7/PHP 4.3/MySQL 4.0.24 and Zen Cart 1.3.8a/PHP 5.21/MySQL 5.0.27 without any problems.
    Excellent... now thats what open source is all about

Plugin Contributions

The updated package is now available from the downloads section
    Neville

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I downloaded and installed Add Customer from Admin today (may 10) so I assume I downloaded the latest version.

I am not wanting to bulk upload, I want to add customers one at a time.

Two things are happening
    1. No emails are being sent even though I am checking the box to send the Welcome Email. I have tried 4 different, real email addresses and they are not getting a welcome (nor is the junk mail folder)

2. After adding a customer I get a Success message as well as a message that states

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sondras/public_html/store/son627d/add_customers.php on line 71

I am on Zen 1.3.8

Any help would be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

This is the followup to the above message.

I downloaded the previous version of the mod and loaded it to my storefront..

Now I am receiving the welcome emails but was getting the error on Line 377 of the :add_Customer_backend.php. I commented out lines 376 through 381

No errors and the welcome email!!

I am monitoring this thread so when you get the latest download fixed I would love to load it and use it but the problem does seem to be something in it.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

danilyn,

in the file admin/add_customers.php (the latest version),
    find this line of code at about line 406:
    Code:
    <input type="checkbox" id="send_welcome" value="send" name="send_welcome" />
    and modify it to read:
    Code:
    <input type="checkbox" id="send_welcome" value="1" name="send_welcome" />
    Neville

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast