Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Here's a quick tutorial on how to add fields to easypopulate v1.2.5.4 or 1.2.5.5

Attached a copy of the ep.php that I mdified as directed in the first post.

Take a look at lines 497, 520, 1910 please.
    Do I need to make any changes there?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Here's a quick tutorial on how to add fields to easypopulate v1.2.5.4 or 1.2.5.5

...oops
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

You forgot around line 1924 to copy and paste that line of code. Other than that you should have no problems now.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, took care of it.

Next problem has to do with the DB so I posted in this thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98083

Lankeeyankee,
    I really appreciate all the help you've provided and hope I can return the favor at some point.

THANK YOU!!

Plugin Contributions

Ok - have no idea what to do but in my other post:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176918

it said to come here - so I'm here and I can add my single issue that's easily searchable into one long thread but I degress

So - I read the start and got lost almost right at the start.

I know EzPop has a weight field.

I'm using the Cda Post shipping Module

Has lbs/kg weight options
    Did the weight via Ez no problems.

Now when I look at a product I see in this order

Weight + Imperial/metric radio buttons
    Dimensions + Imperial/metric radio buttons
    Length
    Width
    Height

Question 1 - the excel sheet

Would I set the columns into this order on the excel sheet?

v_products_weight
    v_products_weight_setting_Imperial <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_weight_setting_Metric <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_dimension_setting_Imperial <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_dimension_setting_Metric <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_Length
    v_products_Width
    v_products_Height

Question 2 - will the Canada Post module recognize the EzPop data?

Question 3 - will this even work?

Question 4 - How / where would I look? Do I do the database search thing from the first post then do the modifications? Do I search for that or something else?

Sorry if I sound peeved but I really don’t want to be at work today - yesterday burnt me out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by janissaire View Post
    Ok - have no idea what to do but in my other post:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176918

it said to come here - so I'm here and I can add my single issue that's easily searchable into one long thread but I degress

So - I read the start and got lost almost right at the start.

I know EzPop has a weight field.

I'm using the Cda Post shipping Module

Has lbs/kg weight options
    Did the weight via Ez no problems.

Now when I look at a product I see in this order

Weight + Imperial/metric radio buttons
    Dimensions + Imperial/metric radio buttons
    Length
    Width
    Height

Question 1 - the excel sheet

Would I set the columns into this order on the excel sheet?

v_products_weight
    v_products_weight_setting_Imperial <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_weight_setting_Metric <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_dimension_setting_Imperial <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_dimension_setting_Metric <setting would be yes if used or no if not
    v_products_Length
    v_products_Width
    v_products_Height

Question 2 - will the Canada Post module recognize the EzPop data?

Question 3 - will this even work?

Question 4 - How / where would I look? Do I do the database search thing from the first post then do the modifications? Do I search for that or something else?

Sorry if I sound peeved but I really don’t want to be at work today - yesterday burnt me out.
    I Followed the steps in the first post and this worked for me. My Easy Pop Excel sheet now has the length, width, height fields for me to massively enter the dimensions and upload to the site.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All, I have posted this before, but think this is the right thread to be in.
    Using EPv1.2.5.7 and ZC1.3.9

I created a new table with two additional fields and want them to populate with EP. I have added the two fields to my products_table also. in the admin area, do I add the names in the custom fields??Do I now just need to change the easypopulate.php file by duplicating e.g. weight field and renaming with my two new field names or is there more to including fields from another DB into EP. I have read pretty most of this thread so hopefully haven't missed something, think I am on the right track according two a few of the experts although schoolboy referred to getting prof help when doing this so wondering if there is more customisation that I think in this. Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jagall View Post
    Hi All, I have posted this before, but think this is the right thread to be in.
    Using EPv1.2.5.7 and ZC1.3.9

I created a new table with two additional fields and want them to populate with EP. I have added the two fields to my products_table also. in the admin area, do I add the names in the custom fields??Do I now just need to change the easypopulate.php file by duplicating e.g. weight field and renaming with my two new field names or is there more to including fields from another DB into EP. I have read pretty most of this thread so hopefully haven't missed something, think I am on the right track according two a few of the experts although schoolboy referred to getting prof help when doing this so wondering if there is more customisation that I think in this. Please help!
    This thread is specific to EP v 1.2.5.4. I have never used the version you are using so unfortunately I can't help you. I tried other versions and found them buggy one way or another so I always use this older version. If you decide to switch to 1.2.5.4 follow my steps in the first post and you should be able to easily add the extra fields. Remember, if you are not using prefixes on your database tables to leave off the zen_

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for the instructions lankeeyankee, even 3 years down the line and everything in your first post works just fine :)

I had no need to download your file tho, so that part of your post may not be needed now as I simply edited the easypopulate.php file already on my server, which worked perfectly :)

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Here's a quick tutorial on how to add fields to easypopulate v1.2.5.4 or 1.2.5.5

Hello,

I am using ep and i noticed when you download the google/froogle file there is already a field called UPC. How do i use this field when I am importing my data file?

Thanks for your help

Lex

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast