Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default My store Does not Generate orders or remove Items from Inventory

I am using Authorize.net and Zen Cart Version 1.3.7.1 with
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.1

I am able to get credit cards to process and be approve , but zen cart does not generate orders and it does not remove products from inventory. I still get error message there is an address problem from## zen cart

In my configuration under stock, "Check Stock Level", "subtract stock", and "allow checkout" are all set to "true".

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Store Does not Generate orders or remove Items from Inventory

I ran some more test and here is what is happening (or not)

"(TESTMODE) This transaction has been approved." - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.
    Billing Address:

Your billing address is shown to the left. The billing address should match the address on your credit card statement. You can change the billing address by clicking the Change Address button.

Your Total

This is the Error message######

In live mode it will charge your credit card and send you an e mail.## BUT the customer order does not show up in zen cart admin home page. also it will not empty cart and control inventory...## if you process an order and do payment by check every thing works fine... but by credit card we have the problem.######

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Store Does not Generate orders or remove Items from Inventory

It's not removing inventory because it's not storing the order. And it's not storing the order because it's either getting an invalid response from your payment gateway or something in your site's customizations has broken its ability to complete the order+payment process.

Can you replicate the problem on a clean install of v1.3.8a?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My store Does not Generate orders or remove Items from Inventory

I have not ried that yet. If I do a fresh install in another folder can I was worried that authorize.net would not allow me to connect the credit car that that test installation beacuse it would not be the same URL.

Would that matter?

I'm game to try it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't see why authorize.net would block it, unless you've got something programmed into your authorize.net account settings to specifically allow transactions only from one URL ... and if you did have such restrictions set, then it would be logical that you could amend those restrictions to include another URL.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I agree with you. I'm in a bit of a fix on this one... the result of trying to be too helpful... :-)

I do not have any experience with zencart. I set up the site as a favor for my sister. Although my first choice was to get her to have the credit card portion running and tested BEFORE I did any custom work she was ademant about "getting on line" so I set it all up, loaded her products, etc. then, rather than give me the info her business partner went in and set up authorize.net. That is who's they won't allow use another URL. Does not make a lot of sense to me either.

Right now if someone orders something it will charge the credit card no problem, get the authorization, etc. It just won't drop the order from inventory or create the order inthe system. If they have an order that someone enters to pay by check it does everything find.

They supposedly called authoize.net who sad it's not their program but an issue with zencart.

I think I found a way I can install zencart into a seperate folder on the server with the URL usingt he latest version if I had to. The only problem would be how to get the data from the mySQL database into the one I created... assuming they can get authorize.net to run properly on the test.

What experience I've had with zencart is that while for me it's a massive pain to change the templates with the right headers, etc. for a store (mostly do to limited documentation), the rest of it (with the modules are pretty simple.

I'll try again with the authorize.net but if you have any thoughts on how to migrate the mysql database to a fresh install let me know.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Which authorize.net module are you using? AIM is way more reliable and secure than SIM. And the 1.3.8 version of the authnet modules is far improved.
    Have you enabled Debug Logging in the authorize.net module? What's in the logs?
    You could even try enabling general debug logging using the utility in step 2a of this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 ... and see what shows up in the logs when you do a test transaction.

Plugin Contributions

He used AIM.

I just created a new cart using a fresh install on the server for him to try setting up authorize.net on. Told him to just load a few items and test it so we can see if it works before going through the customization pice.

When I did the fresh install I used the same database as the old one, but the items don't come up although they continue to come up in the old one.

I figure I'll address that after we see if authorize.net runs.
    I'll let you know. Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by agentx View Post
    When I did the fresh install I used the same database as the old one, but the items don't come up although they continue to come up in the old one.
    That's fine *ONLY* if you used different db-prefixes in each store. Your data won't be easily ported between the two setups that way, though.
    It's always best to use separate databases for separate stores, especially since the installer wipes out any data in matching table names. Consider yourself lucky that the data is still intact in the main store.

And consider doing database backups on a regular basis too: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103

Plugin Contributions

Well, good news and bad news.

I did the fresh install and authorize.net now works fine both charging and changing the inventory.

Now the trick becomes the database.

When I installed the fresh version I entered the database name of the MySQL database I was using for the old version that still shows the products in the old store. What is strange is that the products do not come up in the free install even though I entered the same database name during the install and it went to the end without any errors.

Any ideas on how to migrate the database?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast