Plugin Contributions

Default Order Confirmation Email - How to Customize the format?

We use the content of the Admin's order confirmation email to setup our own invoices. Copy and paste. (That's ok, I don't mind a little manual labor.)

What I would like to customize is the line for Attributes. At this time, all the products and their attributes are flush left aligned, so, visually it all runs together into one square box of text along the left side.

I would like the ATTRIBUTES line to be indented a few spaces. Or, if that's not possible, to insert some dashes or special characters to move the Attributes to the right a bit and visually break up the block of text.

We are using TEXT emails throughout.

I've spent quite a bit of time searching through lots of files but I can't find any bit of code that resembles the emails we're getting. So I can't figure out where to start working on this. I would think the customizing should be simple, if I knew where to start.

Cyndy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Confirmation Email - How to Customize the format?

Around line 752 of /includes/classes/order.php, you'll see this:
    Code:
          //------ bof: insert customer-chosen options to order--------
          $attributes_exist = '0';
          $this->products_ordered_attributes = '';
    Change this line as desired:
    Code:
          $this->products_ordered_attributes = ' - ';

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Confirmation Email - How to Customize the format?

Thank you! That's the place I was looking for. However, the special characters appeared at the end of the product line, ... rather than the beginning of the attributes line.

I was able to insert my special characters on line 844 instead. I changed this line of code:

Code:
    $this->products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values->fields['products_options_name'] . ' ' . zen_decode_specialchars($this->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);
    TO THIS:

Code:
    $this->products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . ' - - -  ' . $attributes_values->fields['products_options_name'] . ' ' . zen_decode_specialchars($this->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);
    So, now the special characters are in front of the attributes where I wanted them.

I appreciate your help. I needed a push in the right direction. Thank you!

Cyndy
    Last edited by daffy; 31 Dec 2008 at 01:13 AM.