Scheduled Events Add-On
This add-on provides the admin/owner the ability to display upcoming events where their product(s) can be seen or purchased.
It allows the admin/owner to display
Included in the add-on is a simple enter/edit program to enter and edit items in the database table "events" that is created by an included sql patch.
- The name of the event
- The address or name of the event place.
- The start date for the event.
- The ending date for the event.
- Comments for the event (i.e. Parking is free next door)
- Special information for the event (We'll have fribbitts at 50% off OR Tell us you love Zen Cart and get a 10% discount on any purchase).
- Your location at the event, i.e. Second floor next to the escalator.
- Lastly, you can enter a link generated by any map program like Google that will be presented as a link.
The add-on consists of two folders. One folder (includes), contains several folders with a total of seven files to be uploaded to your site. All files are in override areas but MAY have already been modified with some other item on your site.
Those of you familiar with database updates and inserts may not need to upload the other folder (eventz) as it is only used to enter/edit events.
A read_me file and installation/user's guide is included in the zip. It's been tested with several different templates and settings but ONLY in version 1.3.8a.
As always... BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!
Did you read the posting tips?!?