Plugin Contributions

Default Jam Affiliate, Zen Cart, Paypal integration Problem

I installed zen cart with no problems, we installed jam affiliates with no problems, we've elected paypal as our checkout process and configured the necessary IPN information necessary for jamaffiliates and zencart to work with paypal. and I created test affiliate. the test affiliates show up on url clicks in jamaffiliates. but somethings not right because when I check out using paypal, the sale doesnt register in zencarts admin area, or the sale doesn't register in jamaffiliates, I do receive the e-mail from paypal saying there was a purchase, but do not receive e-mails from jamaffiliate or zen cart. and we have configured the Cron manager as well. if anyone can provide step by step documentation on how to configure all this I would be greatly obliged. Especially if we could get the tutorial geared toward a godaddy (linux) hosting acct.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Jam Affiliate, Zen Cart, Paypal integration Problem

Hosting on GoDaddy can be problematic. This link might help. See post #25
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I will try this out!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I've been trying to unsuccessfully to install jam affiliates into godaddy. Eventually I'd like to integrate this into zencart.

The first error I had was that zend optimizer was not installed, so I had to delete the whole program and start with the ioncube version. Now it says that ioncube needs to be installed.

I was wondering if you can share how to you were able to install jam affiliates into godaddy. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RWill82 View Post
    Thanks! I will try this out!

Plugin Contributions

hey deco, you need to have "linux" hosting.. running 4.x php is easier on godaddy, if you run php 5.x you have to point your php5.ini file to your ioncube files.. it can be quite confusing if you don't know what you're doing.

i have jam working fine on zencart, with a typical zencart install. (checkout success file) and everything works fine as long as they return back to the site from paypal.. and there's even autoreturn to automatically bring customers back to the site as soon as the sale is completed, which registers the commissions to the appropriate affiliates, and everything works fine, except PAYPAL DOESNT AUTORETURN CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY USE THEIR CREDIT CARD ON PAYPAL WITH INTERNET EXPLORER. . . so i have to rely that the customer will click on the "return to merchant" button to give an affiliate a commission, if the customer checks out using a credit card via paypal via internet explorer... this hardly seems fair to an affiliate. is there a fix for this autoreturn? it works fine on all my zencart sites in any browser, and it works in internet explorer so long as they have a paypal account they use, and not a credit card.

or
    Is there a more reliable way for jam to track zencart commissions. I'd really like to get this figured out

I have one store on hostgator, the others are on godaddy. and they both have the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

sorry, update to my last message... this is a paypal problem.. ive found others tlaking about this problem in paypal developor community.. i thought firefox went around it.. i was wrong. any ways around it anyone knows of?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The easiest way around PayPal's problems with their Website Payments Standard service is to use PayPal Express Checkout instead, since it doesn't rely on the customer clicking to return back to your site before it can store and process the related order and trigger any related affiliate procedures/tracking.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Yes I finally figured out how to install jam affiliates using ioncube in php5 godaddy. I have posted the tutorial here if anyone is interested.

I'm still having a problem making the cron job work though. I don't know the exact line that I should be entering under the command line of the cron manager to make it work. IF you are using godaddy, they have a cron manager where you just pick the file where the script resides and append your password. I've done that but I keep getting an error like this:

Content-type: text/html
    No input file specified.

Would you help let me know how your command line looks like on godaddy cron manager?

On Paypal--I wasn't aware there was a problem. I'm using Paypal standard and most of my transactions are credit card. I hope someone would post a better solution. Thanks