Thread: order details

Plugin Contributions

Default order details

Hello,

Let's say a customer want to place an order. Yeah. After filling the cart, Zencart send him to a third party processor (paypal, nocheck, others,... whatever). After payment, the processor took them back to the shop.

Here's the point. Have you any idea what zencart needs to process order details, to send out order confirmation ?

thank you very much

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: order details

What is the point of your question? What are you trying to achieve with the payment system?

Plugin Contributions

thank you fairestcape.

I try to integrate a third party processor (e-transaction) in zencart. Customer is send to e-transaction (or whatever) payment page. After the payment made, the customer is send back to the shop. This will be ok. The third party processor (i tryed ccnow, e-transaction...) will send a confirmation to the customer (and to the shop as well).

But the order is not recordet in zencart.

So i need to know what zencart expect from the credit card processor. I guess, that have something to do with the redirect to checkout_success file (which variables will be send back to zencart) and maybe with the "after_process()" function.

I use zencart 1.3.8.

Plugin Contributions

This is close to same problem as that I just posted. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117189

I have no answer.

Plugin Contributions

yes, many people here searched about that, but it seems, always without response.
    But somewhere, in a magic country, those information is still available. I guess the people who developed the payments module must know that. Where to find these specifications ?

It seems the function after_process() do the work.
    i'm not a php guy so i'm not sure what to edit. I'm just trying to figure this out. Zencart is informed about the payment. And the order is recordet. Right ?

Plugin Contributions

The solution could be here: addons.oscommerce.com/info/871"]http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/871

I have no time to convert it before middle of february, as it look like just now. But someone maybe could do that.

I check that solution I should use and in that one after process are to late.
    I have to fix a solution that begin before it process to the payment site.

This osc adds should do that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FrilansReklam View Post
    The solution could be here: addons.oscommerce.com/info/871"]http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/871
    Yeah. Maybe.
    But the order will not be recordet in the usual zencart db table (named orders), but in 3 new tables.

As a result from that, i guess the order will not appear in zencart's admin. And the customer will not be able to review the order in his account. And what about the confirmation mail from the shop ?

Plugin Contributions

You have to problem to fix.

Your problem about to send them a confirm mail

My problem what happend if they don't continue back to the shop from the paying site.

that module help you to keep information that you need to send them full information. Im not sure but most extarnal pay. modul clean up the sessions in the module funktion on your page.

This is often made by second_process or after_process.

You have to made change so that information is put in to the confirm mail.

If someone pay on the external page and then get the paying note. Often they close the page and all order information is lost. You got payed but for what and is the payers name same as the customers?

So to fix this it should be best to store all the session information before it goes to the external page.

Fix a module that show unfinnished orders.

fix that on after_process call information from the table togheter with the return information from the payment site. this should be put in a mail function that send it to the customers.

____
    A question to the Team. why is orders information only stored in sessions?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FrilansReklam View Post
    My problem what happend if they don't continue back to the shop from the paying site.
    Your paying site cannot provide you a http redirection (server to server) ? This will solve your problem.
    How your shop will retrieve payment information (such as creditcard autorisation) without any redirection ?

Plugin Contributions

Of course they don't They are a secure paying site. No server to server connections aloud.

So how you think the cart get the information that the order is finnished? only by return to the page?

And That is not solved the problem still if you break before it came to the order confirm page there you got your order # you still lost the information.