Plugin Contributions

Default Creating a custom Login (blue link) next to the forgot password link

Hello all, I have a very unique template, which for the most part I am able to modify. I am trying to add a custom Login (blue link) next to the forgot password link on a custom image on the index page of my website. Would anyone be able to point out the files and/or lines of code I need to add/modify to accomplish this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, using version 1.3.8a, site is www.apostle.com

Thanks again..
    Fabio-
    ~Zenning one day at a time~
    www.apostle.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating a custom Login (blue link) next to the forgot password link

You would create your custom button and save it as button_login.gif, and place it in includes/templates/nightfall/buttons/english, creating whatever folders don't exist now.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating a custom Login (blue link) next to the forgot password link

Thank you for the quick response, so let me see if I understand, use the same .gif, add the link and save it as you mentioned? Or a seperate gif above the original?

Also how would it link accordingly (needless to say I didn't design this template, however, the people who did are no longer available) It was based on nightfall, but something screwy along the way happened and the template name was kept as such.

Thanks.
    Fabio-
    www.apostle.com

Plugin Contributions

You seem to have a Log-in button there that works. You want a second one? That does something different?

Nice site, by the way. Except that the drop down menus have a transparent background, so it's hard to read the words on them over the main background. You may want to add a background colour to them.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

I assumed you wanted to replace the current Login button with a different one. If that's not right, let me know. If that is right, the advice from my first post will replace the existing button with the new one, and will link properly.

Plugin Contributions

rstevenson, thank you for the compliment, that site took almost a whole year to come together, and I am proud to say i sucessfully updated from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a by myself (well, with much help from community forums & wiki)

Though I realize there is a perfectly good login button, seems some customers (not quite sure why, can't find it), so next to the Customer login gif, or really bellow, says "forgot password"

I wanted it to look exacltly the same but

Forgot password | Create Account ; Otherwise exactly the same. Just not sure how and what files to modify.
    Fabio-
    www.apostle.com