Plugin Contributions

Default Copied site to localhost - now can't log in

Okay, so I'm having a weird issue. I'm running MAMP on my Mac. I have a way old client that needs an upgrade to their site - and I'm working on making sure their template is 1.3.8-ready. I'm in the final stages (i've already made the *template* 1.3.8 ready via my localhost installation of that version), but now we want to do a test to see how smoothly the upgrade will go. So what I did was:

1. Made an SQL backup of the current site
    2. Downloaded all the files from the server so I could have an exact mirror of the site on my localhost environment.
    3. Placed the files in a subfolder of my localhost environment.
    4. Went into phpMyAdmin and created the database.
    5. Imported the SQL file into the database.
    6. Opened up the folder/includes/configure.php file and edited the fields to point to the proper place on my localhost and saved.
    7. Did the same thing for the folder/admin/inlcudes/configure.php file
    8. Opened up the site in my localhost environment. Some (only a couple) of the images are missing (I believe it's because they're pointing to the wrong directory - so no biggie) - but everything is there. All products and such are set just fine. however, I cannot "surf" the site because the .htaccess is still trying to point to the actual live site that I'm trying to copy. The site is using Ultimate SEO URLs, and therefore I need to log into the admin panel to reset it to work in localhost (or just deactivate it - I don't really need it locally) - but nevertheless, I need to log into admin.
    9. I go to log into my admin area, and I get an error page saying it can't connect to localhost. One of those default pages you see when a server is down. This isn't a PHP error - it's a server error. however, I can go through localhost just fine - so my server is NOT down - it's only down for the admin area. I triple-checked my settings in the configure file, and they are indeed correct - but I cannot pull up the admin page for the life of me no matter what I do. (I tried resetting the login to "http://" instead of "https://" in the admin/includes/configure.php file and the admin page would show, but I can't log in - every time I do, it just takes me page to the login page instead of the back-end of the ZenCart installation)

Is there something I'm missing? The server is running PHP5. The site is ZenCart, but I'm not quite sure what version. I did the site in 2006 - so I believe it's 1.3.6 or 1.3.7. it was *before* ZenCart went tableless - because this was the first cart I'd ever done, and I remember going through file after file to remove all of those tables - which is why I now have to redo the template to make it work with 1.3.8! You all changed it on me, and you didn't change it how *I* changed it LOL

Would anyone know what step I'm missing so I can log into admin? I've NEVER had a single *page* tell me the server was down for only that page. It makes no sense to me. I really need to get this tested to make sure the upgrade goes okay - but I need to have the site installed exactly as it is on their server so I can do it. I've just never seen anything like this before - so any help would be appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copied site to localhost - now can't log in

By the way - I've already looked at this thread that seems to tell me 1.3.6 and PHP5 don't play well together, BUT the difference is, I'm not getting a PHP error message - I'm getting a server error message. The site *will* be moved to a PHP5 server in the end. But we want to be sure that the upgrade will go okay beofre we do that - which is why I'm testing it here.

Plugin Contributions

Holy crap! i just checked, and the site is running 1.2.6 - not 1.3.6! Whoa. I think I'm going to have to scratch this and redo. Is there anywhere I can get an archived copy of that version?

(nevermind - found it!)
    Last edited by doodlebee; 13 Jan 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

That did it! Yay! It's all good now. I guess oyu have to be sure you've installed the right version, eh? LOL