Page 17 of 291 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hi Mike,

Quote Originally Posted by mike_uk100 View Post
    please could you have a quick look and let me know what I'm missing

The rewrite rule you posted couldn't be responsible for blocking the google sitemap script so I'm afraid something else is responsible for the 404.

Are you sure you don't have other rewrite rules on the site? In another .htaccess file or a VirtualHost directive?

If you're not sure what I mean by that, please ask your host/web developer to check out your site!

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by tiaz View Post
    Would the site .htacess cause a problem viewing urls eg. end up conflicting with WP .htaccess and not sending me to the correct store pages and instead go to an error 404 on wp do you know?
    No, the new example rule with the latest versions of the module won't interfere with other third party software as it doesn't rewrite URIs ending in a file extension (.html/.php etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by tiaz View Post
    Also- at what point would you reccomend intalling the mod, now when store has no products or after products are added? (Ill be adding them via a csv some 2k of products).

I see the mod has an auto mode- so wanted to know at what stage it was best to add this.
    The auto-generation has to be applied to each category and product manually one at a time.

For that reason I'm not sure the module's suitable for you.

It's aimed more towards stores which are just starting and are adding the categories and products manually.. adding the products using a CSV will skip the URI auto-generation code.

You could upgrade the CSV import script to auto-generate the URIs but you'd have to write the necessary PHP code to call the URI Mapping module's URI auto-generation functions.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Paul,

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkesy View Post
    Im thinking of changing over this the mod but im worried as all the searche engines currently have my URL's indexed. Will this mod re-direct or throw a 404 error if a customer come through on 1 of the old links which was created with magic SEO?
    It would throw a 404 by default.

You'd have to enter "historical" URIs for each old URI on your site, so they map to the new URIs on the site. Then the module will correctly redirect the old URIs to the new ones and the search engines will start to use the new ones instead of the old ones (therefore likely retaining your SEO page ranking).

This is easy enough to do using software such as PHPMyAdmin but obviously could take some time if you have lots of old URIs which need mapping.

Hope that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

No, the new example rule with the latest versions of the module won't interfere with other third party software as it doesn't rewrite URIs ending in a file extension (.html/.php etc.).

The auto-generation has to be applied to each category and product manually one at a time.

For that reason I'm not sure the module's suitable for you.

It's aimed more towards stores which are just starting and are adding the categories and products manually.. adding the products using a CSV will skip the URI auto-generation code.

You could upgrade the CSV import script to auto-generate the URIs but you'd have to write the necessary PHP code to call the URI Mapping module's URI auto-generation functions.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

"You could upgrade the CSV import script to auto-generate the URIs but you'd have to write the necessary PHP code to call the URI Mapping module's URI auto-generation functions"

If I knew how to do this then I would.lol Alas I have no idea how, so if you ever add this feature please let me know as I would love to use this :)

Thanks You.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Ive gone through and installed this mod on a fresh install so that i can have a play around with it and understand how it works before i put it on my website, however i have an error.

Ive installed it in a test directory called test123. Ive changed all the lines on the htaccess file to show test123 but im getting the following error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /test123/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Ive checked things but cant see where its gone wrong? Any ideas?

Many thanks

Paul
    Even novices can be professionals!

Funky Fancy Dress

Plugin Contributions

Ignore my last post, looks like i made a mistake with the htaccess file.

Cheers

Paul

Funky Fancy Dress

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm me again!

Just playing around with this now and maybe im getting tired but how do you re-write the URI's for shipping etc? Im trying to enter the details into the database however nothing is happening. Categories etc are working fine so i know the mod is working.

Ive put 'shippinginfo' into the main page field and copied the rest of the fields as other records in the table, but nothing?

What am i doing wrong?

Many thanks

Paul

Funky Fancy Dress

Plugin Contributions

Hi Paul,

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkesy View Post
    Ive put 'shippinginfo' into the main page field and copied the rest of the fields as other records in the table, but nothing?

What am i doing wrong?
    Have you read the section of the manual "Specifying a Static URI for any other Zen Cart page"?

It has the exact steps required. You're probably entering a non-null value for associated_db_id, it must be NULL.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

hey there,

i have a problem with the reviews-function.
    the add-a-review-site comes over a ssl-proxy, so that it looks like this: http://ssl-id.de/myshop.de/category/...1/add-a-review
    obviously the problem is, that in this case the rewrited URI won't bring the user the correct site.
    so the question arises, whether there is a solution for this problem.

thanks a lot
    n3po

Plugin Contributions

ie,

Quote Originally Posted by n3po View Post
    i have a problem with the reviews-function.
    the add-a-review-site comes over a ssl-proxy, so that it looks like this: http://ssl-id.de/myshop.de/category/...1/add-a-review
    obviously the problem is, that in this case the rewrited URI won't bring the user the correct site.
    so the question arises, whether there is a solution for this problem.
    I'm afraid I've no idea what the problem is. Can you describe the exact process that is bringing you to this situation?

What URI is your admin on, what URI is your site on, how is a proxy involved?

This isn't likely to be a problem with the module but with the configuration/setup of your site.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon