Page 159 of 291 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2907
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

lol I don't think Steve Jobs is a shining example of simplicity! I'm still not sure what the primary buttons in the MacOS Finder are for - a case of unintuitive design if ever there was one! And the less said about iTunes the better! :)
    Ha! No kidding!

Speaking as a guy who owns 4 iMacs, 3 MacBookPro, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods (including gen 1) and who has owned dozens of other Apple systems over the years... Apple is going to heck in a hand basket these days.

Ole Stevie is rapidly transforming himself into an even more evil version of Bill (is that possible?). Like Microsoft, Apple is spreading itself too thin by trying to stick it's fingers into EVERY piece of pie on the planet (ex, iTunes) and turning its back on core competencies (making computers and solid operating systems).

The graphics crowd (print, video, photography, etc) has loved Macs for the last 20 years. In '98 the iMac comes out making Apple more affordable and suddenly the general public begins to see why graphics pros love Apple: intuitive design, software that just works, operating systems that almost NEVER crash, and ZERO fear of viruses (in 20 years I have had exactly 1 virus).

Then the iPod comes out (2001), the price of iMacs fall, and Apple becomes even more mainstream. Within a couple years, Apple is busy writing software to make it difficult to share music and video, presumably to force Apple users into buying thru iTunes. Out comes the iPhone, Apple engages in evil activity such as not allowing Skype (EVIL!!!), locking up it's OS, plus many many more annoying things.... meanwhile they dumb down their OS! Grrrr.

Apple has abandoned KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) for LGR (Let's Get Rich). Now I can only talk to my wife for about 3 seconds before one of our iPhones drops the call (I'm going droid as soon as my contract is up). I'm constantly trying to figure out how to enable music so it will play on my iphone, ipod, home, etc. CRAP!!!!

But the point is, you are right.... Apple abandoned the pure love of Simplicity and Compatibility about 5 years ago (iPhone came out 2007). Now they pursue wow factor and money with little regard to making things work like a Mac.

Way off subject. Ceon URI rules! Conor is the coolest!!! Everyone should donate!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Connor... need some assistance... we have a new install of 1.3.9d and for some reason when we install your uri maping, it will not load the admin page....everytime I put the file admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_uri_mapping.php i get a white page when i try to go into my admin page.... if i delete this file i gain access to admin, although i don't think the module will work.....

any suggestions? with 1.3.8 before everything was working fine...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

[quote=bangsters;897415i get a white page when i try to go into my admin page....[/quote]

That means that the file can't open another file. You have either forgotten to upload the admin/includes/classes/class.String.php file or one of the files tre String file uses.

OR you have set the DIR_FS_ADMIN wrongly in admin/includes/configure.php

Check the path to your admin directory in the above file and if it is okay, then upload ALL the files again.

That should get things sorted.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks conor... upon closer look at my configure file it looks like i missed one admin that i changed...

now all seems to be working.

thanks!!

are there any database changes from the 3.2.4 version to 3.6.2? can I just copy the tables from my old installation of zencart and copy the tables of ceon? I'd hate to manually go through each product again lol...

again thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

That means that the file can't open another file. You have either forgotten to upload the admin/includes/classes/class.String.php file or one of the files tre String file uses.

OR you have set the DIR_FS_ADMIN wrongly in admin/includes/configure.php

Check the path to your admin directory in the above file and if it is okay, then upload ALL the files again.

That should get things sorted.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by bangsters View Post
    can I just copy the tables from my old installation of zencart and copy the tables of ceon?
    You can just copy the tables across but you must remember to then go to Catalog - Ceon URI Mapping Config so that the auto-upgrade software can run and upgrade the database to the latest version.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Thank you, Conor! I sent the information.
    Got it.. well.. that was a bit silly! :)

You were using Ultimate SEO URL's Rewrite Rule for Ceon URI Mapping! All of your pages were generating 404s but most were displaying the correct page as the URI Mapping code was being run anyway because the Ultimate SEO URL's Rule provides some of the functionality that the Ceon URI Mapping rule does.

I have commented out the old Ultimate SEO Rewrite Rule, but left in the Rule for something called "Open Operations Info Manager" and the Rules for something else called "dreamscape's News & Articles Manager" and then added the Ceon URI Mapping rule. All appears to be working fine now.

Please upgrade to 3.6.3 when it's released shortly as it replaces slashes with spaces and I see that you are using slashes in some of the category names.. this will mean you'll have to regenerate the URIs for these categories but it'll make them better as the words won't join together in an unreadable mess!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

My word! That's what happens in the middle of site migration, upgrade and major changes. Thanks so much!
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    My word! That's what happens in the middle of site migration, upgrade and major changes. Thanks so much!
    No problem..I can understand that it's easily done when there's so much to do at once.. it's always the simple things that are easiest to miss! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

hmmm.. i finally got around to upgrading to 1.3.9d core files, but I have not had the chance to upgrade to the latest URI and I will probs wait for a short while yet.. as...

there is going to be a 1.3.9e... so, this time i will be saying.. there will not be a 1.3.9f as the devs have it spot on...
    (that is the last time I joke about the 1.3.9 series... )

ONWARD DEVS... to 2.0 then 2.0a