Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Combining Products into a Kit

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I have not found it after spending 4+ hours searching. I have no previous experience of ZenCart.

I want to create a new product which is a group of several products already entered (e.g. 1 x CPU, 1 x Heat-sink & Fan, 1 x Motherboard, 2 x Memory) and offer as a complete set for a discounted price. Also, when this product kit is sold the quantity of each individual item should be reduced by how many of that item is in the kit. Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks for any help.

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2009-01-12 18:23:15] (Fresh Installation)
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4 with Suhosin-Patch
    Database: MySQL 5.0.67-0ubuntu6

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Combining Products into a Kit

Well, this must have been asked so many times that people are now ignoring posts about this without even posting a "Go search the forums, noob" reply. Just in case anyone else needs to know - not a hope with this software.

Guess I'll go back to reading "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart" instead of bothering people here.

Plugin Contributions

I NEED EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

Combining serveral products into a kit has helped me a lot to sell more per client.

I made the following experience:

If I add e.g. 5 different products to one of my subcategories, my clients would usually by one or two of them. But if I add (in addition to these 5 separately added products) a 6th product to this subcategory which is not really an individual product but instead a combination / a set of some of these other 5 separate products, my clients very often just buy the whole set and not just one or two of the individual products.

Unfortunately, ZC seems not to be able to handle such sets of products. What I would want is if a client buys the set of products, the stock amounts of the individual products included in the sold set are decreased by one each.

I hardly believe that there is no solution araound for this very important approach to selling more items per client....

Any hint would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

looking for the same functionality. Any luck finding a solution

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flix View Post
    I NEED EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

Combining serveral products into a kit has helped me a lot to sell more per client.

I made the following experience:

If I add e.g. 5 different products to one of my subcategories, my clients would usually by one or two of them. But if I add (in addition to these 5 separately added products) a 6th product to this subcategory which is not really an individual product but instead a combination / a set of some of these other 5 separate products, my clients very often just buy the whole set and not just one or two of the individual products.

Unfortunately, ZC seems not to be able to handle such sets of products. What I would want is if a client buys the set of products, the stock amounts of the individual products included in the sold set are decreased by one each.

I hardly believe that there is no solution araound for this very important approach to selling more items per client....

Any hint would be greatly appreciated!
    Me too. I have packages that can be sold but need to be able to control the stock. I am posting in the hope that someone will read it when it gets to the top of the pile again.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Default Combining Products into a Kit

hello
    will be possible to combine several products in one kit. If a customer purchases the kit, low the stock in the kit and the stock in the products.
    Tanks

Plugin Contributions

red flag Linked products - combination of items - NEED HELP Please

I was not able to find it on the internet, so I'm posting here. Here's my situation:

I have three different items in three different categories (let's name them item A, item B and item C). Item A is a kit, which is a combination of items B and C.

What I'm trying to achieve is when customer buys a kit (item A) it's quantity reduces by 1, but I also want the quantity of items B and C to be reduced by 1. Also if customer buys Item B OR item C the the quantity of item A should be reduced by 1.

How can i get this result?

Any help is really appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Linked products - combination of items - NEED HELP Please

Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linked products - combination of items - NEED HELP Please

Still need help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast