Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linked products - combination of items - NEED HELP Please

Reviving an old thread. I too would like to be able to create products that are "kits" or "assemblies" of other products. To address some of the suggestions above, we currently have around 40 car service kits for different car models and engine options. These kits are drawn from a selection of filters, spark plugs and other parts in various combinations. Each of those parts is also available to purchase separately. It would tie up a lot of stock to pre-assemble the kits and keep a reasonable stock of each one, especially since a few of the kits would sell only rarely.

Therefore I would like to be able to create a product for each kit whose stock level depends on the stock levels of its constituent parts and that will decrement the stock of those parts when the kit or assembly is sold. Effectively a "virtual" product based on a bill of materials comprising other "standard" products.

I can see that some checking would be required at checkout if a customer wanted to order more than one kit.

Plugin Contributions

It's a good thought, but if I may at least regarding one of the products identified in this thread (page before) the program is not really ready for ZC 1.5.x... Beyond that, there are several issues with it's functionality as pointed out by dbltoe I think it was. There has been some effort put forth on it (almost a year ago now) to make it compatible with ZC 1.5.x and recent versions of jQuery, but that program as provided on that site is not ready for use in a store and has not been updated by any means...

There are other threads in the forum on the program. I didn't follow the link suggested to see how such an option could be otherwise implemented, but might search for alternative means to obtain your goal. Hopefully sometime soon Stock by attributes could be made to work as described, but right now it does not support having items identified by an attribute that have their own independent stock. There might be other commercial products that offer that capability, but I am not that familiar with them to say yes or no.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I had completely discounted that product so don't need convincing. Whether it does what it promises or not, what it promises is not really what I'm after. I don't need the customer to be able to adjust the "bundle". I want to construct fixed assemblies that the customer can choose to buy but cannot change.

In an ideal world, these would simply be normal products like any other, that we would make by putting a fixed set of other products into a box, letting our back-end inventory system account for it so ZenCart would be unaware of any relationship between the kits and any other products. The special requirement for drawing the constituent products dynamically from stock is simply an optimisation to avoid tying up a large amount of stock to make "n" of every single kit.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Linked products - combination of items - NEED HELP Please

Hi All,

I need much the same function - for example I have products called emroidered logos which can be sold individually, however, if a customer buys a sweatshirt for example I would like to add the logo free of charge. I can see in attributes, attribute is free when product is free surely it cant be difficult to include 'attribute is free when prurchased with another item?
    Last edited by bobc; 13 Mar 2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Changed Subscription rules for thread

Plugin Contributions

If this is what you want, why not use Better Together. It's in the Plugins section at the top of the page and allows you to do "Buy X get Y free".
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Combining Products into a Kit

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    hey yes this is what i am looking for , is there any plugin i can use.
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hey, yes, there is - it's called Attributes and it comes built-in with Zen Cart.

Now to be serious - the site you mention uses standard Attributes that you can find in the admin->Catalog menu. They set Option Name as "Bottle 1" - "Bottle 6", Option Values are actual bottle names and then they assigned all bottle names to each of the bottle numbers for that product. I suggest reading the sticky topic in this section: here
    and/or in the FAQs: here.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cp0462 View Post
    hey yes this is what i am looking for , is there any plugin i can use.
    thanks
    Balihr has some good links as well. What needs to be added can be found in the link I provided. You'll note that each bottle has the option value "Please Select" versus a product name. That value is set as For Display Only and Default. Each Bottle option name is set as required. This forces the customer to actually MAKE a selection for each bottle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123