Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Loose Chocolates - how to set up selection process?

Hi,

I'm very new to ZenCart and have been playing around with it for a couple of weeks.

I plan to set up a site which sells chocolates. One of the categories is Loose Chocolates. The user first chooses which box size they want, then selects which chocolates they want in their box. Amount of chocolates is limited to the box size i.e. 125g box = 8 chocs, 250g box = 16 chocs etc.

I have set up a new product (Selection Box), then added each chocolate as attribute with an option type of check boxes. This enables multiple selection. But can I then enable the user to select an amount against each attribute?

Is this the best way to set this up? Or am I missing something a lot more logical? My head has been spinning trying to come up with the best way to achieve this! Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Loose Chocolates - how to set up selection process?

Make it a drop down

Chocolate A Choose:

Dropdown 1
    etc.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Sounds like a good plan - thanks. Am I then able to add an image to the Attribute, rather than each option?

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by supton View Post
    ... But can I then enable the user to select an amount against each attribute?
    Current version of zencart does not allow for "dependant attributes" (ie: if option A is selected, activate option B).

In your case, what you want is for the customer to choose what TYPE of chocolate to include, then, when they choose a particular TYPE - eg: "Almond Swirl", a SECOND option appears along-side, allowing them to choose how many Almond Swirls they want.

If they don't select "Almond Swirls", then no quantity box for that option appears.

You challenge is compounded by the inclusion of another layer of variables (currently 2) of HOW MANY in total, their choices must be... either a box of 8, or a box of 16. So, somehow, the system needs to add up their choices and stop them when they reach the required number (8 or 16)... and further, it must keep them going until 8 or 16 is reached!

Sadly, this complexity is not available in ZC (yet), but the new version 2.0 may address some of these issues.