Too many hours of my life wasted...please tell me where to insert coding to open the links in a new window, I have put the target="_blank" into the a ref but it just wont work. Either it stops the sidebox working or, like below, it does nothing.

$content_for_cache .= '<div class="staticRSSArticle">' . STATIC_RSS_SIDEBOX_DELIMITER . ' <a href="' . str_replace('&', '&amp;', str_replace('&amp;', '&', $item->get_permalink())) . 'target="_blank"' . '" title="' . $item->get_title() . '">' . $item->get_title() . '</a></div>';
} else {
$content_for_cache .= '<div class="staticRSSArticle"><a href="' . str_replace('&', '&amp;', str_replace('&amp;', '&', $item->get_permalink())) . 'target="_blank"' . '" title="' . $item->get_title() . '">' . $item->get_title() . '</a></div>';
}
}
break;

I am pretty sure this is the right part of the coding to put it into from a post on the numinix forum from a guy a few years ago. I just dont understand why the sidebox still works fine after i put the code in above (in bold) but still opens over my page, not in a new window?