Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional Image Titles [support]

Is this mod not working for .gif image? The text title not show up when .gif file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hara View Post
    Hi gjh42,

I should post here When I use original image file name, it works perfectly for what I want. Thank you!
    Could someone elaborate on this??

I'm trying to get it working with IH3 with no success at the moment.

IM3 stores my additional image as (just one example):
    CERT 1 SH_01

I have tried all manner of combinations in the defines but no luck as yet.

I merged the 2 files 'additional_images.php' OR should I have just inserted the line of code:
    $link = add_img_title('A', $base_image) . $link . add_img_title('B', $base_image);//add text above and/or below image if defined

Plugin Contributions

If another mod like IH3 touches additional_images.php, you can just add that one line to its version as described in posts 54 and 55 above.
    CERT 1 SH_01
    This isn't the whole filename, is it? It should have an extension like .jpg or .gif. It also should not have spaces in the name. What is the original filename for this?

Whether a file is .gif or .jpg or .png should make no difference to the title function.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    The original name for this image (from the CD) was 0x002.jpg

Once it's been processed by IH3 is appears to be stored as CERT 1 SH_01 (presume CERT is taken from the product title "Certificate Holder" bmz_cache it is stored as a long row of digits as the previous poster said.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Is 0x002.jpg stored at all? Have you tried using that path in the constant name?
    If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Is 0x002.jpg stored at all? Have you tried using that path in the constant name?
    If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.
    Hi gjh,

Not sure if you're familiar with IH3 or not, so I thought I'd add my two cents here in an effort to help you help Rizla.

IH3 works by making a copy of the original product image and storing it in a cache file. It also optimizes and resizes that image for the purposes of small and medium image display (based on user selected settings in the IH3 config in the admin). These are also stored in a cache file.

Images are then served up from this cache file - the purpose being to optimize images and make sites load faster. The original image is left in the main images folder (or wherever the use has placed it) and remains untouched by IH3.

When IH3 creates the copies of the original size image (and also generates small and medium size views from the original large image) it stores all of them in the cache folder (named bmz_cache referenced by Rizla in his post). It then re-names those images based on the product name (which may or may not have anything to do with the image name itself, unless the user named the original image the same name as the product name).

At any rate, the images IH3 serves up from the bmz_cache folder never have the same image name as does the original image file.

So....I think Rizla's question is....(now that he has properly merged the shared file (additional_images.php)...how should he define the image name to make this mod work, when the original image name isn't used by IH3 at all? Should he use the file name created by IH3 for the image copy stored in and served by the bmz_cache folder?

If so, then you also need to be aware that since IH3 users should (in good practice) clear their bmz_cache folder periodically and let IH3 re-create the site images...the image file names generated by IH3 will not remain the same forever (like they would if ZC pulled the images from the images folder), as new file names are created every time the cache is cleared and copies are regenerated.

It is because of these two facts (files renamed by IH3 and stored and served from the bmz_cache, and files periodically renamed) that I fear these two mods may not be compatible.

I think Rizla is hoping you will have an idea of how to make them compatible.

Hope this additional information helps you both :)
    Last edited by ScriptJunkie; 14 Sep 2011 at 12:16 AM.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the detailed description. I haven't used IH3 (no need for it on my sites, and I like individual control over relative sizes of images), but I did know the general image renaming/storing system. Someone else recently mentioned that they were able to successfully use images when they had IH3 by referencing the original filenames (if I recall correctly). Perhaps if these originals are left alone in /images/, Additional Image Titles can function properly, as it is not actually touching the images at all, just going by the filename-related defines. It may be that it will only work if the original images are named according to the standard scheme. If this doesn't work, I doubt there is any practical way to use the mods together.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed description. I haven't used IH3 (no need for it on my sites, and I like individual control over relative sizes of images), but I did know the general image renaming/storing system. Someone else recently mentioned that they were able to successfully use images when they had IH3 by referencing the original filenames (if I recall correctly). Perhaps if these originals are left alone in /images/, Additional Image Titles can function properly, as it is not actually touching the images at all, just going by the filename-related defines. It may be that it will only work if the original images are named according to the standard scheme. If this doesn't work, I doubt there is any practical way to use the mods together.
    I can now report that after taking onboard what ScriptJunkie said, this module works fine with IH3.

Naming the base image and additional images according to Zen's prefered way, PRIOR to loading them into IH3 - All works fine 'n dany!

Thanks goes to SJ for pointing out my basic errors.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567