Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Bluehost claiming too many Scripts again !

RE: Canada post shipping module not working.

Customer says that since the migration he has not been able to connect properly to sellonline.canadapost.ca on port 30000. He can connect, but the receiving server only gets some of the many requests sent. I put the porttest.pl file in his home directory and edited it to match the port and IP address and ran it and got: Address already in [email protected]

I then tried a telnet to port 30000 and got "connection timed out."

It seems something else is using up that port.

I tried the same test with port 31000 and connected without a problem and telnetted through it to sellonline.canadapost.ca.

It seems that something (too many scripts from customer's site?) is using up port 30000.
    As a note to the customer, is it possible to change the port you are trying this on? If so, try a different port, even 31000 if you want as I did successful tests with that one.
    Thanks,
    Micah
    BlueHost.com

Does anyone know if it is possible to use 31000 with the Canadapost shipping module ???

thanks

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bluehost claiming too many Scripts again !

sorry if the above post seems obscure.

What I am asking is - does anyone know if it is possible to use a different port with the Canada Post Shipping Module ?

This module worked fine until Bluehost 'upgraded' our box - I am still shopping for a better hosting company - as this problem has stopped online sales for us.

I have no idea why everytime we call Bluehost we get the same sort of answer blaming us for using too much in the way of scripts or sql.

Plugin Contributions

Bluehost is trying to troubleshoot the problem, after they initially told me it was Canada Posts problem.

Bluehost's technical support is working on it, and they seem attentative to the problem

Plugin Contributions

seems that Bluehost is going to "rebuilding and re-evaluting" the configuration on the server.

They could not give me a time frame, but at least we figured out where the problem lies.

It is good to know that they are going to take care of it, it is a shame that our company once again lost money because of this hosting companies problems. But at least they are fixing it.

you get what you pay for!

Plugin Contributions

Just got word, they fixed the problem.

Checked it out and now port 3000 is open and the Canada Post module is working again.

All in all, a long fairly painfull experience, but it did eventually get fixed, it just took getting the right person on the line.

Sorry for the long windedness of this - it was just when we started troubleshooting this problem, I didn't know where to turn

Plugin Contributions

Glad you get it fixed. It's good to know they are taking care of their clients.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I'm glad they got you fixed up. I've had nothing but great experiences with Bluehost -- whenever I've called with a problem they've fixed me right up -- so I worry when I see a post that they have been unhelpful to someone else.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Sylvia
    PM at your own risk, I don't check in regularly!
    MamaSylvia.com My ZenCart tutorial
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I think Bluehosts technical support is very hit and miss, this experience was much better than the last time I had problems with them, but still it took 5 techs and the better part of 5 hours until I found one that could address the problem.

You have to get past the level 1 techs that try to brush you off and try to put the blame on the client. I also remind them that they are supposed to be a Zen-Cart certified hosting company.

If you can get the right person, it seems you can get service.

There was nothing I could have done to fix this problem myself

Plugin Contributions

I had to include this, I just got an email from Bluehost, completely out of the blue and without a question regarding this sent:

Remember that the requirement of the Canadapost shipping module is port 30000, and Bluehost is supposed to be a Zen-Cart Certified Host

this is what I just got in my inbox:

------------------------------------

Hello,
    You have a dedicated IP address, and it is true that you have the luxury of using non-standard ports. However, due to nature of shared service, the port can only be used by one user on a shared server, even with dedicated Ip address.

So some other client maybe using that port at this time. Therefore, you must try another port other than 30000.

Tom
    Technical Support Engineer
    BLUEHOST.COM
    Telephone: (888)401 4678

------------------------------------

Yah --- great response TOM - my website shipping down, the module and Canada Post requires port 30000, and this is the response I got from Bluehost.

So it seems that I have the Luxury of guessing which port somebody else might not be using ?

Plugin Contributions

So some other client maybe using that port at this time. Therefore, you must try another port other than 30000.
    Oh, my...

hmmm and I always thought that ports could support more than that. I really should re-think 1 user at a time on port 80...

(actually i was laughing so hard at this email you got I almost pee'd myself)
    Windows, BSD, Linux, Cisco, Hardware & IT Security Tech
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting

Qdixon's Security Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast