Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help! "Add to cart" broken suddenly!

I installed the Debug Error Logging Utility, and I get nothing in my Cache folder when I try to add something to my cart. No help there either, unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rcrosier View Post
    I installed the Debug Error Logging Utility, and I get nothing in my Cache folder when I try to add something to my cart. No help there either, unfortunately.
    I'm not surprised ... since you're not getting errors or blank pages.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I can see previous orders, I stay logged in.

I have 700MB disk space available, and only 505 used.

Yes the Cache directory is there, and correct, best I can tell from my cpanel file management.

777, yes. There are four files in my cache directory. They are:
    .htaccess
    index.php
    zc_d6616cb5f4c2cb55d422ea67feb723b0.sql and
    zc_e830bfcec88106453506f54ff42fc580.sql

Should these be there, or should it be empty?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You said you can login fine. Does it "keep" you logged in if you try going to the my-account area and review previous orders, etc?

Are the server drives full?

Does your Admin->Configuration->Sessions->Session Directory point to your cache folder? Is the actual path shown truly correct? And is that folder writable? ie: 777 permissions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those look fine.

What's in your "sessions" table in your database? Are there any records, or is it blank? (ie: use phpMyAdmin to browse it)
    What happens if you do a "repair" on that same table, also using phpMyAdmin. Does the add-to-cart work properly again?

Is this only happening to *you*? or to others as well? What other browsers have you tested with? What happens when you test from another computer?
    Without seeing your site it's hard to help with specifics.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There are about 8 records in my sessions table. I did a "repair" on that, and my customers_basket & customers_basket_attributes tables, no changes at all. Still broken.

Happens to me, AND to customers... that's how I found out originally... a customer emailed me to say they could not "add" to my cart.

I've tried Firefox, IE 7and Chrome, all of which used to work fine.

I've tried it on multiple computers here, and my ISP has tried it, and we all get the same result. No Cart items can be added.

I PM'd you, DrByte, earlier today... did you get that? If you reply to that with your IP address, I'll enable you in the "Down for Maint" IP list, so you can see it happen from your end, if you want to.

Thanks!

Those look fine.

What's in your "sessions" table in your database? Are there any records, or is it blank? (ie: use phpMyAdmin to browse it)
    What happens if you do a "repair" on that same table, also using phpMyAdmin. Does the add-to-cart work properly again?

Is this only happening to *you*? or to others as well? What other browsers have you tested with? What happens when you test from another computer?
    Without seeing your site it's hard to help with specifics.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What addons are installed on your site? and in what other ways is your site different from a brand new untouched install?

Plugin Contributions

Quite a few... but nothing has been added or changed since a year ago. I've added in (that I can think of):

Better Together
    Sales Report 2.0
    Google Analytics
    Ty Package Tracker
    Super Orders
    Batch Status Update
    Batch Print
    SuperTracker
    Google Froogle Feeder
    A custom mod by Ajeh over a year ago, for wholesale custs.

Probably others I cannot think of, as it's been a LONG time since I did any changes. And it's worked flawlessly since a year ago, pretty much.

What addons are installed on your site? and in what other ways is your site different from a brand new untouched install?

Plugin Contributions

Doing more investigation this morning, it appears that I cannot add anything in my ADMIN section either.

I tried adding an admin user, and a Manufacturer, and BOTH screens send me directly to my Home Page, which is where my 400.shtml and 404.shtml redirects are supposed to do.

It's like it's not finding the PHP code or pages...???

Sure seems like a hosting problem or change to me.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rcrosier View Post
    Sure seems like a hosting problem or change to me.
    Yes, that's what it smells like.

Ask your host if they changed or updated ANY of their mod_security rules lately ... either by hand or by any automated scripts.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to DrByte and AJEH for helping me to fix this problem.
    It appears that it was a setting in my .HTACCESS file

I don't know (yet) how it got changed, as I don't think I changed anything myself, and have done no changes for many months, so maybe the hosting company did. I'm checking to find out.

I appreciate the help GREATLY!

Yes, that's what it smells like.

Ask your host if they changed or updated ANY of their mod_security rules lately ... either by hand or by any automated scripts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast