Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can I process orders and shipping with ZenCart?

I am a newbie with Zen Cart, I just installed zen cart v1.3.8, havn't update and install any addon or module yet. I browsed around a bit and searched the forums, could not find answers for my questions (forgive me if I missed any). Appreciate if anybody can help.

1. I don't see anywhere I can process orders(charge and refund credit cards) after orders are received online. I don't have an account with any payment gateway yet, for instance authorize.net, etc. Will this ability show up once I have my account established with any payment gateway and reconfigure the zencart? or I just have to login payment gateway's system to charge and refund credit card? Why is this ability not available? Security concern? Regulation concern?

2. I don't see any link to either ups and usps to print shipping labels. Do I need to install additional modules?

3. I don't think I can modify orders, for instance, add items, modify quantity and price, etc. Only thing can be changed is the status. Am I able to do changes like I mentioned with a module?

Thanks ahead!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I process orders and shipping with ZenCart

1. and 2. Admin - Modules - Shipping and Payment

3. http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=444

Plugin Contributions

Some major payment gateways like authorize.net have built-in payment modules in Zen Cart; all you have to do is activate them in admin > Modules > Payment (after getting an account with the gateway). There are contributed mods for many others in Free Addons.

There is at least one label mod in Free Addons, as well as UPS, Fedex, etc. mods. They vary in their capabilities, so you will have to look around and see what is available.

Again, there are mods for various ways of handling orders.

Cheers for specific info! :)

Plugin Contributions

There are addons that allow editing of orders, and they work nicely. I've been using them for years now.

I suggest that you look at Shipworks for shipping. I use it for both UPS and USPS shipping, connected to Endicia for USPS, and to my UPS billing account for UPS. It's pretty inexpensive, good support, and works great. There's a module that works with Zen Cart to download orders directly from the website into Shipworks that I've been using for two holiday seasons now, and it works great.

For payments, you can set up an account using one of the supported ones, or Paypal. I use both the Paypal API and Linkpoint, and they both work great, too.

Plugin Contributions

Really appreciate everybody's reply, I will try things your guys mentioned and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I process orders and shipping with ZenCart?

Here is what I have done so far, still need some help please.

1. I activated authorize.net payment module and placed an order with the test credit cart number, login to admin->customers->orders, still don't see anywhere I can process the order(charge credit card, do refund and submit batches, etc). Authorize.net(AIM) marks as (Not Configured) from Modules>Payment and there is link to authorize.net login page. My question is that I am able to charge the credit card when I process the order without login to Authorize.net? With an account setup, then I can? How about refund? Manul credit card transaction? Need more modules?

2. Activate ups and usps modules. Also downloaded shipworks module, believe need an account setup with them. My question is once the account is established, from orders page, should be a link to ups and usps for printing labels?

3. After download a module, I am able to modify orders now, really cool, thanks a lot.

Plugin Contributions

You will have to set up an account with authorize.net before you can take card payments. The ZC payment module is just the method of connecting to your authorize.net account.

Plugin Contributions

I'll answer what I can...

2. For UPS and USPS, you may want or need to set up a UPS account, with a shipper number. For USPS, you should set up an Endicia account, which is about $14.95 per month plus shipping costs. Then, set up Shipworks to talk to Endicia, with all your account info. For the UPS in Shipworks, it depends on how you are shipping your UPS stuff (with or without a charge account, drop off, pick up, etc). I have a UPS account, and process using the "UPS Labels" button, which goes directly to my UPS account, and they bill me. Shipworks account cost varies by number of shipments per month, but is about $14.95 for less than 50 or 100 orders per month. Reasonable.

Then Shipworks will talk with Endicia and UPS for shipping all those orders, and update your website with shipping info and mark orderes "shipped". Been working great for me for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ec0mm3rc3 View Post
    Here is what I have done so far, still need some help please.

1. I activated authorize.net payment module and placed an order with the test credit cart number, login to admin->customers->orders, still don't see anywhere I can process the order(charge credit card, do refund and submit batches, etc). Authorize.net(AIM) marks as (Not Configured) from Modules>Payment and there is link to authorize.net login page. My question is that I am able to charge the credit card when I process the order without login to Authorize.net? With an account setup, then I can? How about refund? Manul credit card transaction? Need more modules?

2. Activate ups and usps modules. Also downloaded shipworks module, believe need an account setup with them. My question is once the account is established, from orders page, should be a link to ups and usps for printing labels?

3. After download a module, I am able to modify orders now, really cool, thanks a lot.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You will have to set up an account with authorize.net before you can take card payments. The ZC payment module is just the method of connecting to your authorize.net account.
    So, what I understand is you have to login to payment gateway's system to charge the credit cart, do refund and other credit card transactions, correct? There is no way for me to use ZC to do the same type thing. Payment modules just allow you to take credit card orders and send payment gateway for authorizing. If it's the case, is there any addon to do what I would like to have? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rcrosier View Post
    I'll answer what I can...

2. For UPS and USPS, you may want or need to set up a UPS account, with a shipper number. For USPS, you should set up an Endicia account, which is about $14.95 per month plus shipping costs. Then, set up Shipworks to talk to Endicia, with all your account info. For the UPS in Shipworks, it depends on how you are shipping your UPS stuff (with or without a charge account, drop off, pick up, etc). I have a UPS account, and process using the "UPS Labels" button, which goes directly to my UPS account, and they bill me. Shipworks account cost varies by number of shipments per month, but is about $14.95 for less than 50 or 100 orders per month. Reasonable.

Then Shipworks will talk with Endicia and UPS for shipping all those orders, and update your website with shipping info and mark orderes "shipped". Been working great for me for over a year.
    Thanks for the detail explanation. I iniitally thought the shipping modules would allow UPS and USPS servie to be integrated to ZC
    so you can do click and ship, not knowing they are just used for getting real time shipping cost quoting during checkout. I will try what you suggest. Appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast