Plugin Contributions

Default Error creating database while importing old SQL into new database to move site. Help!

Hello,

I am trying to move my zen cart onto a different host. I went through the FAQ "I want to move my Zen Cart installation to another host or a different server" and followed all the steps.

However, when I try to import my old SQL database into my new database (step 5d), I get the following error:

CREATE DATABASE `sunehra_zencart` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1044 - Access denied for user 'sunehrac'@'localhost' to database 'sunehra_zencart'

How can I resolve this?

One issue I note is that my old server called my database sunehra_zencart while my new server calls it sunehrac_zencart. The prefix is preassigned by the hosting company. Could this be the issue?

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error creating database while importing old SQL into new database to move site. H

Sounds like your backup SQL file has a line in it:
    CREATE DATABASE `sunehra_zencart` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
    which is trying to create the database itself for you ...

If you comment that out with a # that will stop it from doing that and then you should be able to build the tables from the rest of the file ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error creating database while importing old SQL into new database to move site. H

I'm trying to do the same thing and getting the same access denied message. Where would that line to comment out be found???

I also have the same issue with the hosting company assigned prefix to the created database that I have no control over. Also, the creation of user accounts on one host has different parameters than the other.

So, created databases named differently. Admin user accounts named differently.

Plugin Contributions

My objective is to move my 1.3.8a1 Zen Cart to a 1.3.9f Zen cart on a different server. the move tutorial (https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100) specifically states to use the same version.

If it is possible to use different versions, what are the things to look out for ?

If it is not possible, are there any shortcuts that can be employed to avoid doing everything from scratch ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swinton View Post
    My objective is to move my 1.3.8a1 Zen Cart to a 1.3.9f Zen cart on a different server. the move tutorial (https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100) specifically states to use the same version.

If it is possible to use different versions, what are the things to look out for ?

If it is not possible, are there any shortcuts that can be employed to avoid doing everything from scratch ?
    The shortcut to save you all the headaches is this:
    1. Upgrade your site to the new version FIRST. Then make sure it's all working properly and sales are continuing as normaly.
    2. THEN move to a new server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.