Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default HELP! - zen_orderGenerator error??? (ProtX module)

Hi there. I have just installed the Protx module on my store. When I place an order (on the Protx test account at the moment), it all goes through (shows up on my Protx admin as an accepted order).

HOWEVER, as I order, instead of getting any kind of order confirmation I am taken to a whilte page with the following error message:

"1146 Table 'plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospel.zen_orderGenerator' doesn't exist
    in:
    [insert into zen_orderGenerator values(NULL,'')]"

From looking into the '1145 Table' part in searching this forum it seems to be to do with the database being positioned wrongly??

Please, please could anyone help me?

Many thanks,

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx Help Needed!

I am not familiar with that module but, it sounds like when the order was placed, the module was trying to add data to a table in your website database but the table does not exist as expected. Perhaps during installation the table was not successfully created or has an incorrect name or setting.

Did you create/add a new table manually when you installed the module?

You can check it by going to your web host control panel and running phpmyadmin or if they have a database wizard for your use.
    Last edited by gobrinton; 2 Jan 2009 at 06:56 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. I added the database in my Zen Cart Admin Tooks/Install SQL Patches. The file I uploaded there had the following text:

CREATE TABLE `protx_direct` (
    `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `vpstxid` varchar(38) NOT NULL,
    `zen_order_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
    `status` varchar(15) NOT NULL,
    `status_detail` varchar(255) default NULL,
    `security_key` varchar(10) default NULL,
    `tx_auth_no` varchar(20) default NULL,
    `avs_cv2` varchar(50) default NULL,
    `address_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
    `postcode_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
    `cv2_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
    );

It seemed to go through ok. Then when I was getting that error message I tried renaming the first line to CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_protx_direct` ( (From what I can gather from my hosting control panel plantperfection_co_uk_ is the prefix I am to use for databases).

Does that shed any light on things?

Thanks again,

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Oh, I forgot about that tool in the admin.

Yes, I believe you are on exactly the right track. There are already many tables in your database. It all was created when Zen was installed. Different parts of the Zen Cart program stores data in different tables. That script you uploaded simply adds a new table to the already existing Zen Cart database for this module to make use. You probably gave the database a unique name back when ZC installed.

The first line of the creation script identifies which database to go find/open and it also names the new table. All of the extra lines of code serve to add data fields (to hold text or values) within the new table and identifies what type of data each must accommodate.

I think that your problem lies in providing the correct name.

Best of luck. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by gobrinton; 2 Jan 2009 at 09:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks for your help. That does make sense now but I am still stuck with exactly how to rename the text here - I have tried everything I can think of now

In my hosting control panel, my database prefix is plantperfection_co_uk and my zen cart database is named skyegospel.

I have tried changing this line: CREATE TABLE `protx_direct` ( in the follwing ways:

1. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_protx_direct` (
    2. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospel_protx_direct` (
    3. CREATE TABLE `skyegospel_protx_direct` (
    4. 2. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospelprotx_direct` (
    5. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospel.protx_direct` (

I guess I have created all kinds of different tables within the database (I know very little about them!) but still the same error is coming up.

Thank you very much again for your help - any more is much appreciated.

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Default 1146 Table error on my database...

I am getting an error which, from advice received elsewhere on the forum seems to indicate that I am wrongly naming a new table on the database, but I just can't figure out how to name it right!

It is because I have installed the Protx module, which asks to do an sql patch. This seems to go successfully. But then when I make a transaction I get the error message. Here are the details:

Error message:

in:

Details of what the text of the sql patch involved:

CREATE TABLE `protx_direct` (
    `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `vpstxid` varchar(38) NOT NULL,
    `zen_order_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
    `status` varchar(15) NOT NULL,
    `status_detail` varchar(255) default NULL,
    `security_key` varchar(10) default NULL,
    `tx_auth_no` varchar(20) default NULL,
    `avs_cv2` varchar(50) default NULL,
    `address_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
    `postcode_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
    `cv2_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
    );

Instruction about this patch from the module:

"Don't forget to check the name of the table. If you use a prefix for your table names you should make sure that you put this prefix in front of the table name"

Prefic for my database: plantperfection_co_uk
    name of database: skyegospel

I gather from all this that I am supposed to be changing the first line of the patch but so far I have tried uploading it as is, and also by changing that first line - CREATE TABLE `protx_direct` ( - to the following variations:

1. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_protx_direct` (
    2. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospel_protx_direct` (
    3. CREATE TABLE `skyegospel_protx_direct` (
    4. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospelprotx_direct` (
    5. CREATE TABLE `plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospel.protx_direct` (

I just can't think of what else to try -

Am I missing something??

Please, please could someone help me with this? It seems like such a simple issue but I just can't figure what I need to do or change!

Many thanks

Stuart

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1146 Table error on my database...

Quote Originally Posted by skyegospel View Post
    Error message:

in:
    That looks like it's related to an incomplete install of an addon called something like 'orderGenerator'.
    Based on what you posted it seems to have nothing to do with Protx installation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that DrByte. Do you (or anyone else) have any idea what the orderGenerator would be? I have just googled it and can't find anything useful or relevant. It just appears at the point in the order where I have put in the test transaction details and instead of returning me to a 'thank you - order placed' screen or something like that which I would expect, it takes me to an otherwise blank page with that message on it.

The interesting thing is that when it does this, the order doesn't show up on Zen Cart as having gone through, but the transaction does show up on my Protx account when I log in there. Presumably this means that it is something to do with not storing the orders for Zen Cart in the database?

Is there a Zen Cart file that I may not have installed correctly during set up??

Thanks again,

Stuart

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm aware of an "external order number generator" addon that some folks use. Not sure if protx uses it or not. That'd be a question for the protx forum or the mod's author's support site.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you've done all this on a "test" site, I suppose you could just restore everything from backups and try again ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast