Plugin Contributions

Default Quantity Discount not going through to Paypal v1.3.7

Hey Everyone,
    I have encountered a weird problem... When a customer selects Paypal as payment option on checkout, the screen goes over to paypal for payment, but the Quantity Discount is being ignored in the paypal total. This DOESN'T happen in Paypal Express Checkout, only when paypal is manually selected on checkout. Anybody know why and more importantly how to fix it?
    Incidentally, it works fine when they use other forms of payment, i.e. credit card which gets processed through Authorize.net.

Thanks,
    Zack

ZC 1.3.7
    Zack Coffman
    Producer/Director of Choppertown and Brittown

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quantity Discount not going through to Paypal

Zen Cart v1.3.7 was released in November 2006. It is now 2009 and there have been numerous patches to the 1.3.7 paypal code, as well as official Zen Cart releases v1.3.7.1 and v1.3.8a, which deal with many feature improvements, bugfixes, and the like.

Perhaps the problem you're encountering is fixed in the newer version?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quantity Discount not going through to Paypal v1.3.7

Hey Dr.Byte,
    Thanks for the quick response. I agree that updating might be a good idea, but in the meantime have you heard of this problem? I've been running the Quantity Discounts module for several months and didn't encounter this before. Maybe most people were just using credit cards, or using Paypal Express checkout so it didn't come up very often...
    Zack Coffman
    Producer/Director of Choppertown and Brittown

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If by "Quantity Discounts module" you're referring to an addon, I suggest checking in that addon's support thread.

If you're referring to built-in quantity discount support, I'm not recalling any specific known bugs between it and PayPal.
    However, to be frank, my brain is totally geared around v2.0 right now, and thus I'm really not planning to go back and look for a bug in 1.3.7 that might already have been fixed in 1.3.8.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

is there a fix for this? mine's 1.3.8 and paypal IPN, same problem with the quantity disounts, customer checks out through paypal and is charged full price when he should be getting the discount.