Plugin Contributions

Default Changing description of shipping method

I'm setting up a new Zen Cart install (current version, no mods) and am planning on using the Zone Rate shipping module (zones.php) but want to change the description that is presented to the customer (I want to set up one version for "Expedited" and another for "Regular"). Currently it says "Zone Rates" and I expected to find that string in the zones.php file somewhere, but came up empty.
    Where does this exist?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing description of shipping method

Over the next several years... as your webshop becomes more and more successful , you will want to know how to make lots of changes.

To look for CONSTANTS (or other PHP components) in ZC, use the developer tool kit facility in:

ADMIN>>>TOOLS>>>DEVELOPER TOOL KIT.

I generally use the very last input field, because it's the easiest to search for "everything".

Type into that field the "text string" or "constant" you wish to find, then select what area of your php files you'd like to search, then click the button.

This will yield a set of results of all the files where your string appears. Using common sense, choose the file that needs editing.

You would do well to learn about ZC's over-ride system for templates, before you edit and save core files.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing description of shipping method

Thanks. That worked.
    Actually I had already tried searching using the Developer Toolkit and must have either done something wrong or I just didn't notice the single result way at the top of the page (I guess I expected the results within the body of the page somewhere). I also used Windows search on all the source files (on my desktop) and it came back empty. Now that I know it exists, I guess I need to figure out why windows search couldn't find it.

Anyway, thanks again.
    If anyone else is looking for the answer to this, there is another zones.php file located in includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ that stores this info.