Thread: Amazon Checkout

Plugin Contributions

Default Amazon Checkout

I have already checked the forums on the matter, and I do see that Dr. Byte was rather unhappy with the Amazon checkout code.

I have noticed that they have made various revisions since Dr. Byte said that the code was bad. in fact they just released a new version.

So my question is this:

Is the new code "approved" and considered safe? It is always nice to give customers more options, and I haven't seen anything definitive in 6+ months either way.

I should also state that I don't have it running and have never tried it yet. Thanks for the time.
    DirtyGrrrl Lingerie - Because inside every woman there's a DirtyGrrrl!
    <> Lingerie <> Clubwear <> Swimsuits <> Costumes <> Accessories <> & More

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Amazon Checkout

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAzrael View Post
    I have already checked the forums on the matter, and I do see that Dr. Byte was rather unhappy with the Amazon checkout code.

I have noticed that they have made various revisions since Dr. Byte said that the code was bad. in fact they just released a new version.

So my question is this:

Is the new code "approved" and considered safe? It is always nice to give customers more options, and I haven't seen anything definitive in 6+ months either way.

I should also state that I don't have it running and have never tried it yet. Thanks for the time.
    I signed up for the program. I was contacted by an Amazon rep who offered assistance in implementing it in my zen cart. I replied back that I was not interested in it until they had it so that I could process the order in my admin, like with Google Checkout and PayPal Express. He replied that they have an API that provides that action and they are working on rewriting the zen cart plug-in to include the new API functions. No idea on a timeframe, though.