Plugin Contributions

Default shipping rates question

i will try and explain this the best i can. i set up a tackle store site and i have multiple items that i want usps rates to apply to. i also have fishing rods which although are are very light weight there is a over sized package charge that applies. so what happens is if i put the actual weight of the rod the shipping rate is way off. it cost $27 to ship a rod. is there a way to set that so i can choose a set amount only on fishing rods? doug

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping rates question

As standard, the answer is no, however, the way I would suggest you do it is to add a handling fee for each product, or product type. This could be added to the admin fairly easily, and i would suggest setting up all your rods as a new product type, and then updating the USPS module to add this handling fee or percentage on a per item basis. This way, if the customer orders 5 rods, you could then charge them either a fixed fee per rod on top of the default prices, or add 10% for example to each delviery option they are offered, which ever works best for your store.

This isn't a default feature, but is something you could get custom coded for your store.

Absolute