Plugin Contributions

Default Losing orders with Paypal!

I understand my Zen-Cart is a little hacked up. I've lost two orders with customers using Paypal and my boss.... Not happy. I put back the default Paypal script, but the reason I hacked it was to add something to store a temporary order. It doesn't finish the order when the customer clicks Confirm Order, it takes them to the Paypal site and then the rest is lost -vanished - nothing.

So I added a temp. order db, but that is only a bandaid. Why does it wait til after the Paypal payment is made to store the order? To me it seems as soon as the Confirm Order is clicked, it should be stored in the DB. Customers click the X on Paypal and never return to the site.

The result:
    PayPal payment goes through, cart is emptied, but user never returns to the site to finish order; order never shows up.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Losing orders with Paypal!

Unlike the PayPal IPN (Website Payments Standard) option, PayPal Express Checkout doesn't require the customer to click an obscure "return to site" link after payment is completed. With Express, the order is stored immediately when payment is received.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.