Plugin Contributions

Default 1016 Can't open file: 'paypal_session.MYI' (errno: 145)after upgrading GoDaddy server

I'm hoping someone can help - I've been searching for hours with no luck.

I am running 1.3.8a

My site is hosted on a virtual dedicated server from Godaddy. I recently had to upgrade my file space because I had gone over my file space limit. Ever since the the file space was added, customers can't complete checkout without getting an error.

When trying to check out, on the "Step 3" page, this is the error showing:

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]1016 Can't open file: 'artella_paypal_session.MYI' (errno: 145)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]in:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][delete from artella_paypal_session where session_id = 'evlv7cbkd01ki8m8f6u4i75jq0'][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman](artella is my database name)[/FONT]

This started happening immediately after the site was back up, after the file space was added.

I've made absolutely no changes to the site or to my Zen Cart files, other than adding the file space.

Godaddy support says that this error wouldn't be caused by anything they did when they added the file space, but it has to have something to do with it - because nothing else has happened, and the cart was running perfectly before that.

Does anyone know what kind of error this is? I was assuming it was a database error, but I am not sure?

I also run JAM/JROX affiliate software, integrated with ZenCart, and also since the file space upgrade, JAM is not working properly, and is displaying a message that says "database error". Again, Godaddy says that the databases wouldn't be involved in the file space upgrade.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I'm pretty stumped!
    Last edited by lyricwings; 13 Feb 2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: accidental duplicate post, can't figure out how to delete

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal error

Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Kim! This is very, very helpful.

Thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to post a follow-up, in case anyone runs into the same problem as I had posted here.

It turns out that my error was not from space limitations (there are not space limitations on my database). The error -- 145 - (according to MySql documentation)
    refers to "Table Was Marked as Crashed And Needs Repair". I think it most likely was marked as crashed when it was trying to be written to during the file space increases on the server.

We followed these instructions to repair it:
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/repair.html[/FONT][/FONT]

And everything is working fine, now.

Just wanted to post this, in case it's helpful to anyone.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1016 Can't open file: 'paypal_session.MYI' (errno: 145)after upgrading GoDaddy se

And...
    For those of you with cpanel, the database check and repair is part of the cpanel control panel under Databases.
    For those with phpMyAdmin, open the table and click on the Operations Tab. Scroll down the page to the check and repair options.