Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net avs match - can we set to only take first set of numbers in address?

Hi,

When passing the address to authorize.net to do the avs matching, can we just send the first set of numbers through?

Example: Address is 123 Main St. Apt #456

We have our auth.net settings very strict so address and zip both have to match exactly. however, if we send in the address above, the street address will come back as not matching...I assume because the processor is trying to match "123 456" instead of just "123". Same thing happens with addresses like "789 5th ave". We want to just send in the street number and nothing else that might have numbers.

This then puts a temp hold on the customers credit line and if they try more than once, it puts more holds on...and we also lose the sale!

Is it ok to just send the first set of numbers and which file would we edit to make this happen? Any code help would be appreciated also.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net avs match - can we set to only take first set of numbers in address

I to use Authorize.net and have never had an issue with Apt #'s or suite #'.

I am quite sure that this is not a Zen Cart issue but rather a Authorize.net setting issue. You should contact Authorize.net because there are many options available to configure the security and processing settings in your Auth.net user account.
    Thank you, Sincerely, MagicMan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net avs match - can we set to only take first set of numbers in address

Thanks for the reply...most merchants have authorize.net settings at the default. Like I said, we have it set so that both street and zip BOTH must match exactly for the charge to be accepted.
    If you don't have it so that both must match, and if you go through and look at some old charges, you'll see that a lot of charges go through even if the Zip matches but not the street. (street usually doesn't match when apt #'s or numerical street names appear, or could happen when customers have a po box billing and a street for shipping). We would like to keep the strict settings but not have to have every customer call in their orders manually.

Thanks
    Last edited by peeceelee; 16 Feb 2009 at 07:22 PM.