Plugin Contributions

Default Stuck - Shipping based on UK postcode

Hello

I have spent quite some time searching for the best way of doing this but am still not sure and would really appreciate some advice as it is my first time at attempting to set this up.

I need to set 3 different shipping options (24 hr, 48hr, 72hr) based on 8 uk postcode zones. There are no other limits eg weight - it is just a flat rate based on the ship to postcode. I am using version 1.3.8a.

I have had a look in admin at the Modules>Shipping>Zone rates but see that the zones referenced in here are countries. Could this be adapted to reference postcodes and if so which files would I need to alter? I have checked the FAQs at https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=69 and am aware that I could amend the number of zones by changing /includes/ modules/ shipping/ zones.php
    but am unclear as to if this could be applied to mean UK postcodes.

I also found lots of pointers to http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/advshipper. Is it necessary to download an additional paid for module for my needs (plus the associated localites and zones module)?

Apologies if this is a very basic question but think I am at the bottom of a very steep learning curve!

Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stuck - Shipping based on UK postcode

I have tried again but although can find lots of relevant posts can't seem to find one that answers my questions and seem to be going round in circles without making any progress. I thought the Zencart payment module would be able to handle 1 collection point, multiple delivery points based on postcode and 3 price points for each postcode zone. Is there anyone out there who can advise what I need to do? Do I need to download a separate module?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Hello and thanks for the link. I thought I would post an update incase anyone else has stumbled upon my thread and is looking for similar answers. I looked at a number of the downloads on the link supplied. Eventually I settled with the Advanced Shipper module. I contact Connor at Ceon beforehand and laid out what I was trying to achieve. Within the hour he had got back to me and given me the confidence to pay the £47.50 for the module and download it. There were a few teething problems with installation, but again he helped out. Then, the goalposts shifted again on the site I was working on. Again, Connor confirmed that the module could cope with all of that. I am in the process of configuring it and it seems to work like a dream. Well worth the money.

I have been able to set up 3 different 'methods' of delivery (24hr, 48hr and 72 hr) and within each of these set up 8 different delivery areas. Into these areas I have been able to input the postcodes that fall into that delivery area. Then I can use the advanced shipper table of rates to specify the pricing, which in my case was one price for one pallet, then each subsequent pallet ordered at 15% off that price. So, if anyone is battling with a similar problem I would recommend this solution for the ease, flexibility, and support that it offers.

Plugin Contributions

Pleased to hear you have problem sorted with conor's
    module/help/guidance.