Plugin Contributions

Default Will Zen Cart work with SSL 3.0?

Just received this from Auth.net:

During the week of March 16 - 20, 2009, Authorize.Net will be deprecating all legacy support for the SSL 2.0 protocol. Changes have recently been made to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which have made the use of SSL 2.0 a PCI DSS violation.

Due to this change, it is critical that you update any applications or integrations that may be using the SSL 2.0 protocol to support the more current SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 protocols. Failure to upgrade your applications or integrations may result in a lost ability to successfully process transactions via the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway.

If you have merchants who are currently using SSL 2.0 to connect to the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway, you must contact them immediately and arrange to update their integrations to the SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 protocols.

For more information on the limitations of SSL 2.0 and the advantages of SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0, we recommend reviewing the white paper Analysis of the SSL 3.0 Protocol.

I checked with our web host, who said the new protocol is not a problem for them, but warned me to check out our ecom app.

So, does anyone know if this will cause any problems with our Zen Cart 1.3.8a sites?

Thanks.
    RAB

Why is it I'm always surprised when something actually works?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Will Zen Cart work with SSL 3.0?

works just fine
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I have some old carts that do not lend themselves well to being upgraded, do you know how far back the authorize.net payment module goes with SSL 3.0 support?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Merlinpa, that's good to know.
    RAB

Why is it I'm always surprised when something actually works?

Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.Net Payment Gateway Upgrade

Hi , does this affect a standard 1.3.8a zen-cart install , is there anything I need to do to check it is ok ?

During the week of March 16 - 20, 2009, Authorize.Net will be deprecating all legacy support for the SSL 2.0 protocol. Changes have recently been made to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which have made the use of SSL 2.0 a PCI DSS violation.

Due to this change, it is critical that you update any applications or integrations that may be using the SSL 2.0 protocol to support the more current SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 protocols. Failure to upgrade your applications or integrations may result in a lost ability to successfully process transactions via the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway.

If you have merchants who are currently using SSL 2.0 to connect to the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway, you must contact them immediately and arrange to update their integrations to the SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 protocols.

thanks for your input
    Various Zen cart sites !

Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net SSL Changeover

I got this message today direct from Authorize.net...

[FONT=Arial]Important System Notice [/FONT] Dear Authorize.Net Developer:
    For more information on the limitations of SSL 2.0 and the advantages of SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0, we recommend reviewing the white paper Analysis of the SSL 3.0 Protocol.
    If you have any questions, please contact developer AT authorize DOT net.
    Sincerely,
    Authorize.Net
    Are there any known issues with the Zen-Cart Authorize.Net AIM payment module that would interfer with current version of ZC or version 1.2.7?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SSL Changeover

Zen Cart is not affected by this change.

However, in the (somewhat unlikely) case that your *hosting company* is using SSL 2.0 to do its CURL communications, then you'll need to get *them* to upgrade their server configs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgraphic View Post
    Are there any known issues with the Zen-Cart Authorize.Net AIM payment module that would interfer with current version of ZC or version 1.2.7?
    But, you really should be upgrading your Zen Cart ... v1.2.7 is 3 years and 9 versions old

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I got the same email notice. Is there anywhere in Zen Cart (I'm on 1.3.8) where the SSL version can explicitly be set for communications with AUTHORIZE.net (AIM)? My host has said that both SSL 2 and 3 are used on my service.

thanks,
    Don

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your host has both SSL 2 and SSL 3 available, it will auto-negotiate with the authorize.net server to determine which to use. Naturally, that means it'll select SSL 3 when authorize.net no longer supports SSL 2.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.