Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question A few problems - Using GoDaddy as my host

I went through the setup of the latest version ZenCart, and had some troubles so I thought I'd come here and see if anyone could help!

When trying to install the following problems were found:

CURL not compiled into PHP - notify server administrator
    PHP Session Support is required
    admin configure.php is not writeable
    store configure.php is not writeable

I was unable to set the permissions for the configure files in /docs and /includes.

I'm really new to all of this, so I'm not sure what information to offer. I'm using GoDaddy as my host and my operating system is Windows. I'm not using any FTP Client aside from what is provided by GoDaddy because I haven't been able to connect for some reason.

The more details the explanation, the more helpful. I'm INCREDIBLY new to all of this and don't know very much. After hours of searching for answers and a day for waiting for help from GoDaddy I'm feeling more clueless than when I started.

Thanks in advance. :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A few problems

Oops, I meant /admin/includes, not /docs

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A few problems - Using GoDaddy as my host

compatible with zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HairEnigma View Post
    I went through the setup of the latest version ZenCart, and had some troubles so I thought I'd come here and see if anyone could help!

I was unable to set the permissions for the configure files in /docs and /includes.

I'm really new to all of this, so I'm not sure what information to offer. I'm using GoDaddy as my host and my operating system is Windows. I'm not using any FTP Client aside from what is provided by GoDaddy because I haven't been able to connect for some reason.

The more details the explanation, the more helpful. I'm INCREDIBLY new to all of this and don't know very much. After hours of searching for answers and a day for waiting for help from GoDaddy I'm feeling more clueless than when I started.

Thanks in advance. :)
    Ask GoDaddy to change your operating system to Lunix...
    In the Windows OS you cannot change the permission by ftp, rather the host changes them. In lunix, your FTP can change the permissions.
    Also note that when your setup, look at your server version in the administration area. If it does not show the DB is located at (localhost) 127.0.0.1, think about moving your site to a different hosting company. Without 127.0.0.1, your backup module may (MAY) not work.

Plugin Contributions

Honestly? You might be better off to find a Zen Cart friendly host instead of wasting time with hosting that isn't.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    compatible with zencart
    Our hosting is compatible with Zen Cart and we offer a Zen Cart installation through our Hosting Connection community as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HairEnigma View Post

Hi HairEnigma,

We'd be happy to look in to this for you. Please message me with your domain name and I will get back with you. Thanks!

Regards,

Plugin Contributions

hello GD support,

I believe that you may want to d a search on these forums and look at the hundreds of posts that state that your service sux for running ZC due to curl by proxy and refusal to open ports and such...

just because you have an installer dosnt mean that your servers are designed to run an ecommerce system
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

For GD--
    Merlin is right. I have one store on GD and don't try to back it up. A waste of time since it has PHP 5.0+ and GD says I need to upgrade my PHP. Yea right. - It is upgraded and still won't work. Some modules do not work with a seperate database location. Always - always get a host that supports Zencart and sets your database to localhost 127.0.0.1. All other stores I have work perfectly and the database is on localhost 127.0.0.1 same server. Only way to go.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    hello GD support,

I believe that you may want to d a search on these forums and look at the hundreds of posts that state that your service sux for running ZC due to curl by proxy and refusal to open ports and such...
    Thank you for the feedback. Maybe in the past there have been some issues, however, we have taken steps to address and rectify these. If anyone continues to have any issues, please contact [email protected] and we will work towards a resolution.

HairEnigma,

elkbow was on the money. You will need to switch from Windows to Linux. PHP on Windows IIS 6 servers runs as a CGI app and in safe mode. If you have not switched your operating system already you can follow these steps in the following help article.
    http://help.godaddy.com/article/1285

Also, you will be able to modify the file permissions to resolve the other 2 errors:

Sincerely,

Plugin Contributions

My client currently is on a GoDaddy Windows hosted server. When moving a (functional) Zen Cart over (from production linux server to the client's host [godaddy]), it seems to think that it's not installed.

Anyone have any configure.php hints as to why it may "think" that the site hasn't been installed yet?

http://www.mainesafaritv.com/store/

I've imported the db (successfully) and set the variables in configure.php to connect to the new db location

Paths i've set to d:\hosting\******* (*=my acct name), which I got from the server var document_root.

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast