Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Admin->Configuration options

I am a newbie to zencart and have successfully installed 1.3.8 on linux server php 5.

My problem is after some newly installed modules (image handler2 and unsuccessful install of light box) my admin menu has changed. There is no long any of the 'Configuration' options except for 'my store'.

Anyone have an idea how to restore this menu's functions? I have tried to look through all files that might have been modified by my installs of modules, but have not found anything.

I have searched these forums for many hours but have not found a similar problem.

Ideas?

Many thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Admin->Configuration options

Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

I would suggest re-uploading the original 'admin' dir. It should replace / overwrite the files you have now and (hopefully) fix the problem. If it doesn't then it could be a problem with your database. In that case you should delete your database and recreate it using the same database name, database username and password. Then upload the "zc_install" dir. and install like you would a new Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Replacing all the admin files probably won't help here. The top level configuration menu is generated by the includes/boxes/configuration_dhtml.php file using information from the configuration and configuration_group table and doesn't really touch any other admin files. Worth checking this file in case it's become corrupted.

However, I suspect that your configuration_group table may have a problem. That's a fairly static table so you could do a parallel installation and then compare the contents to see if there's an obvious difference.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Replacing all the admin files probably won't help here. The top level configuration menu is generated by the includes/boxes/configuration_dhtml.php file using information from the configuration and configuration_group table and doesn't really touch any other admin files. Worth checking this file in case it's become corrupted.

However, I suspect that your configuration_group table may have a problem. That's a fairly static table so you could do a parallel installation and then compare the contents to see if there's an obvious difference.
    That seems to do the trick!

Many thanks!

BTW... Images in admin are missing for some reason even though they are loaded into the correct folder. I will have to look into why that is happening..