Plugin Contributions

Default Testing Authorize.Net

Hi again!

Uhm, I have successfully configured paypal (I believe) and now, I wanted to test credit card payments through a gateway specifically authorize.net I have set it up in testing mode (i.e., after activating the module, i left the values to their default - hope this is correct). When I tried purchasing, I used the visa # w/c was found on the "testing info" although it gave me an error:
    Code:
    (TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance.
    and this one:
    Code:
    WARNING: Security hash problem. Please contact store-owner immediately. Your order has *not* been fully authorized.
    Was there something I missed?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Testing Authorize.Net

You can't "test" the module by using generic credentials. You'll need to get an actual account and supply the username+key before the module will be able to process a transaction for you, even in test mode. (Test mode just means that it doesn't actually charge the card, only simulates it ... but still must have a real Authnet account to do so.)

Related FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=373
    And if you need an account: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=45

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.