Plugin Contributions

Default Domestic/International Shipping: First Class/Priority

As stated in the title, I'm looking to set up a Domestic and International shipping table that allows for both First Class and Priority shipping options. Currently, I have a flash based website that works with pricing break points. When a country other than the US and Canada is selected, a shipping amount is pulled from a different table. Additionally, when Priority shipping is selected (from Domestic or International) as the delivery option, a $15 fee is added to the original shipping price. Ideally, I would like to have it set up in a similar fashion, but I would be open to other options that may make it easier to set up. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Fuzzy Ink
    It'll Grow On You!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Domestic/International Shipping: First Class/Priority

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a question about adding a table with international countries. Is it possible to create a zone that is a default international zone if anything other than the US and Canada is selected? I haven't been able to get this to work, but I'm sure there has to be an easier way than manually inputting every international country.
    Fuzzy Ink
    It'll Grow On You!

Plugin Contributions

You can build Zones for the modules ...

Make a Zone for US and Canada and then one for the rest of the world ...

Depending on which shipping module suites your needs you may also wish to clone them or check the Free Add Ons ... Zone Tables is one that comes to mind that may work for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Ajeh.

Would you suggest that I build 4 separate zones for these options (Domestic/International/(2) Priority) or is it possible to add the expedited shipping charge as a handling charge when selected? Kind of as a default if they select anything other than First Class.

Additionally, I'm still wondering if it's possible to create an international table without having to enter in every single country. It seems like one should be able to set something up that triggers international if a country other than the US or Canada is selected. Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Fuzzy Ink
    It'll Grow On You!

Plugin Contributions

If you use the Zone Rates ... you can define countries by their 2 character ISO ...

For the rest of the world that you do not specifically break down, there is a setting that you can use for the last definition of: 00

That is two zeros ...

And that will handle all other countries not previously defined ...

If you need more than 3 separate Zones, you can first customize the shipping module and set how many you want to define by reading the instructions on the Zone Rate shipping module and changing the setting from 3 to however many you need ...

You can also clone modules for when you need the same "type" of shipping but with multiple options ...

For example, a search on:
    clone flat

would show numerous examples on how to clone the Flat Rate shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!