Plugin Contributions

Default To PDT or not to PDT?

Hi,

I have tested several orders using PayPal IPN with and without PDT (Payment Data Transfer) and so far, there have been no difference whatsoever.

Has anyone found any differences between using and not using PDT?

Cheers,

Susan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: To PDT or not to PDT?

If you're happy without it, leave it off.

Haven't we already discussed this last week?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you're happy without it, leave it off.

Haven't we already discussed this last week?

With all due respect, I did not say I was happy with or without it. I just said I did not see any difference.

I don't believe we discussed this issue last week. All you told me was "don't change anything if everything is working properly". Although I appreciated your help, I did not think it was appropriate because obviously, I cannot test every contingency that will be involved with my prospective clients. Thus it is difficult to know if things are actually "working properly" and it would be better for me to understand what each option means. Is that too much to ask?

Susan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, it's not too much to ask. Sorry for being curt.
    I just seem to have to explain all the inner workings of PayPal products and logic over and over again every couple of weeks, despite having written FAQ articles and numerous forum posts on the topic.

If you care to read back through all of my forum posts I'm sure you'll find all the juicy details about PDT and its original purpose as well as any complications people have had when using it.

Or ... if someone else wants to chime in and explain it all again, feel free ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No, it's not too much to ask. Sorry for being curt.
    I just seem to have to explain all the inner workings of PayPal products and logic over and over again every couple of weeks, despite having written FAQ articles and numerous forum posts on the topic.

If you care to read back through all of my forum posts I'm sure you'll find all the juicy details about PDT and its original purpose as well as any complications people have had when using it.

Or ... if someone else wants to chime in and explain it all again, feel free ...
    I understand how frustrating it can be answering same questions over and over again, especially this being a free forum and people posting things left and right.

I did try to look for relevant threads regarding my questions but failed to obtain any useful information due to the the very limited search capability of this forum, which was pretty frustrating on my part. Maybe it would be better to turn the search function off in this forum and tell everyone to go out to Google and use their search engine instead.

If there are links to FAQs and/or useful threads that would help me understand the features, I would be more than happy to explore.

Susan