Plugin Contributions

Default Help needed: Using language pack, unable to redirect

Zen Cart v1.3.8a, fresh installation
    Indonesian Language pack v. 1.0.1 for ZC1.3.8a

Problem: Using the website in Indonesian, Zen Cart returns blanks after adding an item to the shopping cart. Highlighting the browser's URL field and pressing "Enter" key on the keyboard forces Zen Cart to re-display the page with the item entered into the shopping cart.

I suspect that this is a redirect problem because sometimes, switching to Indonesian language from English also shows the same symptom (the reverse is not a problem). Additionally, clicking a banner does not redirect the browser to the URL associated with the banner.

This only happens when the language is Indonesian. The English part of the website performs without any problems.

The FAQ cites that the most common cause for blanks is failed upload. The Indonesian language pack was uploaded with Filezilla and appears to be intact.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this without having to go though hundreds of files in the language pack?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help needed: Using language pack, unable to redirect

You probably have extra blank lines after the closing ?> in one or more of your language files.

Related FAQs:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 - use the debug logging utility to find out which file
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87 - follow this to fix the likely problem identified in the log

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That was fast. Thanks for the quick reply, DrByte
    I d/l-ed Debug Error Logging Utility. I'll try it soon.

Plugin Contributions

Great! A very useful utility. I found that in includes/languages/indonesian/credit_cards.php there were extra spaces before and after php tag. Removing them resolved the problem.

I hope this also helops other Indonesian Language Pack users.

(Mod, can you change "Help needed" to "Resolved" in the title? I don't see a button to edit it myself. TiA.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You probably have extra blank lines after the closing ?> in one or more of your language files.

Related FAQs:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 - use the debug logging utility to find out which file
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87 - follow this to fix the likely problem identified in the log
    Hi, Dr Bite. Version 1.3.9h I've faced the similar issue. Translating into Russian, whenever I clik on submit the item to my shopping cart I recieve a blank page. Hitting back I see the item in the cart, I try to delete it, - blank page, but deletion itself has happened. This regards only to my Russian side. I've read these two tutorials you mentioned above and certainly going to double check the code. But what is interesting though is the fact that german language pack is working perfectly despite many php files, not all, do actually have opening <?php , but do not have closing ?> tags. I have a little dought whether it's OK. My guess this might as well to be the issue. Do I have to compare with languages/english folder or with the language/german folder in nicely working german pack?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yee! Thank you, I've already noticed that tutorial. Not being an expert I was little confused seeing that.