Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Suggested enhancement

Hi, Conor,

Ceon Manual Card currently records with the order information the first and last 4 digits of the credit/debit card plus its expiry date.

After you have charged the card, you normally delete the email with the middle digits of the card number. You have a hard copy of the card details on the merchant copy of the credit card slip which you would deal with in the same way as for customer present transactions.

So there's actually no reason to retain any card information against the order.

I was wondering how easy it would be, as an additional security measure, to create a utility which, when run, went through the database removing all card information from completed orders.

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suggested enhancement

Hi Nick,

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    So there's actually no reason to retain any card information against the order.
    That's how you use the software, not how most other people use it.

Most people don't have any other copy, they use online terminals, copying and pasting the data in.

I was wondering how easy it would be, as an additional security measure, to create a utility which, when run, went through the database removing all card information from completed orders.
    It will provide no extra security on a practical level.

A lot of stores like to have the last 4 digits on the order page so they can match orders up with things if they do print the order out. Not something we've ever needed either, but at Ceon we right software that suits everyone as much as possible, not just individual businesses.

If you do want to purge the database of the card information, simply "Empty" the Ceon Manual Card database table. (SQL: TRUNCATE ceon_manual_card). Obviously all data will be lost forever if you don't have a backup.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v2.0.0!

I wasn't suggesting that this deletion should be compulsory, or even the default, simply that it might be a useful option for those who wished to use it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    If you do want to purge the database of the card information, simply "Empty" the Ceon Manual Card database table. (SQL: TRUNCATE ceon_manual_card). Obviously all data will be lost forever if you don't have a backup.
    I did this and verified that the table was empty. However, when I view orders the card information is still shown.

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I wasn't suggesting that this deletion should be compulsory, or even the default, simply that it might be a useful option for those who wished to use it.
    I understand. Unfortunately we can't afford to add any new features to the software at this time. I'll maybe just add a FAQ.

I did this and verified that the table was empty. However, when I view orders the card information is still shown.
    Of course, sorry, that will only clear the start date and issue number. To clear the remaining data you must empty the CC fields of your orders table.

Code:
    UPDATE orders SET cc_type = NULL, cc_owner = NULL, cc_number = NULL, cc_expires = NULL;
    Honestly I don't see the point of what you are doing really as no-one can use the first and last four digits of a card but each unto his own! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,

I had previously installed CEON 2.0 for my client. It worked fine, except my client didn't want to collect the CCV code. I saw that 2.2 had the option to turn it off, so I went about upgrading it.

Unfortunately, when I uploaded the files (3 different attempts now), it causes all screens to go completely blank. The cache file which would normally show errors is empty. The other "public" debugger is also not displaying any information. Client is running 1.3.9.f. His site is at http://shopinhisimage.com.

I will leave the site down for a few hours if you or anybody else has a minute to look at this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Christopher

Plugin Contributions

I should also add, I can access the client's admin with no problem, as well as configure the CEON mod, its just the main site which cannot be accessed.

Thanks,

Christopher

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by DCDC View Post
    Unfortunately, when I uploaded the files (3 different attempts now), it causes all screens to go completely blank.
    First check that you've uploaded the files properly by attempting the upload with different FTP software (you'd be surprised how many people have problems with their FTP software even after multiple upload attempts).

Also check if the path to your admin folder is set correctly for the DIR_FS_ADMIN define in

admin/includes/configure.php

(Obviously if you've changed the name of the admin folder to something other than "admin" the path to that file and to the folder will both be different)!

If you're still having trouble send me FTP and admin details at this address and I'll take a quick look.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Ok, Conor. I will review this.

I just checked the cache again after reloading this morning and am given the following error which wasn't there yesterday. Perhaps this is a clue:

[05-Oct-2010 12:13:43] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/wilson/public_html/zencart/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_file_system_functions.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wilson/public_html/zencart/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_file_system_functions.php on line 17
    [05-Oct-2010 12:13:43] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/wilson/public_html/zencart/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_file_system_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wilson/public_html/zencart/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_file_system_functions.php on line 17

Thanks,

Christopher

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by DCDC View Post
    Ok, Conor. I will review this.
    You've forgotten to upload

includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_file_system_functions.php

There are two of these files, one for the admin and one for the store, be careful to upload both to the right places and all will be fine.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast