Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v2.0.0!

Hi Conor,

Well, I reuploaded all files with another FTP, checked the configure.php file, and while I'm not getting any further errors in the cache, I'm still welcomed with a blank screen.

I'll send you a pm here in a moment.

Thank you for your help.

Christopher

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by DCDC View Post
    Well, I reuploaded all files with another FTP, checked the configure.php file, and while I'm not getting any further errors in the cache, I'm still welcomed with a blank screen.
    You have changed the name of your zen cart's folder but didn't change the path to Zen cart in includes/configure.php

I'm not remotely surprised your site broke! :)

You had

PHP Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG''/home/wilson/public_html/store/'); 
    I've changed that to

PHP Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG''/home/wilson/public_html/zencart/'); 
    Things are now working as expected.

Hope you like the software!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

::smacks head::

Can't believe I didn't change that when I migrated the site for the upgrade.

Thank you, Conor.

Christopher

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have trouble in installing the Ceon Manual Card. Do I need to copy all files to the directory? I am using 1.39g version.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Honsan View Post
    I have trouble in installing the Ceon Manual Card. Do I need to copy all files to the directory? I am using 1.39g version.
    Please read the instructions, I don't see the point in me repeating them here.. I've made them very clear.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I've read the instruction. I wonder if I just copy just the file listed in step 1 or all the files in the zip files.

I did copied all the files to the directories. After installation, only authoriz module remains in the payment module. What have I done wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I've read the instruction. I wonder if I just copy just the file listed in step 1 or all the files in the zip files
    Really, the instructions are very specific. They say to copy only the files from within the "files" folder (not the files folder itself or any folder outside of that).

I appreciate though that English may not be your first language and that you may therefore find it a little harder to follow.

You should delete all the files you copied across and start again, this time only copying the files from inside the "files" folder.

I did copied all the files to the directories. After installation, only authoriz module remains in the payment module. What have I done wrong?
    In the FAQs you will find an FAQ which describes what I think is the cause of this problem and how to fix it.

If you're still really stuck then send me FTP and admin details and I'll install the software for you.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

@nickgreaves

I think PCI compliance is driving some people to paranoia on the issue. That and some unscrupulous firms that refuse to remove false positives and blame it on the fact that partial numbers are in the database of a site. In my opinion they are getting a kick back on the $19.95 to $21.95 fees charged to "non-compliant" merchants.

As Conor stated, his method is designed for a wide range of businesses and shipping/processing methods. Even with the first and last four numbers, a hacker would need to process nearly 17 million combinations in order to find the "correct" number. If the CVV is not stored (as it should not be), then the permutations rise to over 150 million.

True, the speed of computers could run 150 million processes in a short period of time, but where could the hacker actually find a site that would cross reference 150 million combinations with a specific name. It far too easy to get the information from a waiter or mall worker with a scanner built in to a cell phone. The new smart chips can be collected simply by someone getting near you in a crowd while having a receiver in a purse or briefcase.

The combination of Conor's mod with the removal of all CVV codes in an up to date Zen Cart should never be rated as a failure for PCI compliance. There are other factors (frontpage and others) that may be on the same server as Zen Cart and possibly cause a PCI failure.

So, using this mod on a PCI certified host with a current Zen Cart will pass all the tests. If not, the testing company should be challenged. We have fought the battle many times and (in one case) actually had the customer change their cc merchant. The customer even saved money on fees in the process.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    I think PCI compliance is driving some people to paranoia on the issue. That and some unscrupulous firms that refuse to remove false positives and blame it on the fact that partial numbers are in the database of a site. In my opinion they are getting a kick back on the $19.95 to $21.95 fees charged to "non-compliant" merchants.

in one case) actually had the customer change their cc merchant. The customer even saved money on fees in the process.
    Thanks for a very interesting post. Can I also join dbltoe here in saying to beware of unscrupulous companies.. especially those trying to freak companies out about their security setup..

If a compliance company comes to you (cold calls/emails) "warning" you about compliance matters and suggesting their services, be just as worried about their honesty as that of the people who try to steal card details in the first place.

Most of the compliance companies appear to put their profits leagues ahead of their commitment to honesty or to providing a fair level of value to their customers. It's frustratingly hard to know which ones are genuine, and good value for money, and which are only in it to make a quick buck off "compliance tests"!

Reminds me a lot of the SEO companies who get in contact to offer to "increase your rankings... for a rather large fee"! :|

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Really, the instructions are very specific. They say to copy only the files from within the "files" folder (not the files folder itself or any folder outside of that).

I appreciate though that English may not be your first language and that you may therefore find it a little harder to follow.

You should delete all the files you copied across and start again, this time only copying the files from inside the "files" folder.

In the FAQs you will find an FAQ which describes what I think is the cause of this problem and how to fix it.

If you're still really stuck then send me FTP and admin details and I'll install the software for you.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Thanks Conor, I think I need your help will pm you later.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast