Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal "item Name" Problem in paypal reports

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    And ... if you're getting receipts that say "smartbuyer uk purchase", those were paid using IPN/Standard, and NOT via Express Checkout.
    i have ran both types of payments express and IPN individually and received paymtens from both individually and still it does not display the item

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well ... the NAME is set to the product's name, the NUMBER is set to the product's Model Number, the QTY is set to the quantity of that item being ordered.
    I'm not sure how else you want the information to be submitted ... when it's all being submitted exactly as PayPal's API documentation specifies.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

am not getting any of them

Plugin Contributions

ok why do i see smartbuyer uk purchase when in my store i see the actually item being ordered? and why isn't this information posted into paypal so that the item name in paypal has this same information

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As I've said before, if you're using the Website Payments Standard/IPN module, you will see "{storename} Purchase" as the description on the PayPal end.
    If you're using Express Checkout and don't have discounts applied to the order, then you'll see the actual name/model/qty of the items on the PayPal end.

Could it be that you've got both installed and you're selecting the IPN module for your payments?
    Also, changing from one module to the other will not affect all prior orders placed ... it only affects new orders moving forward.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok i am running the Express checkout module without discounts. and have already received payments i will wait till 2mro as the reports arenn't readily available at the moment with the latest transactions

whati can see in each of the payments in pay the QTY and item so yes it must be getting posted to paypal but not onto the reports
    Last edited by r4fdud; 2 Mar 2009 at 11:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by r4fdud View Post
    ok i am running the Express checkout module without discounts. and have already received payments i will wait till 2mro as the reports arenn't readily available at the moment with the latest transactions

whati can see in each of the payments in pay the QTY and item so yes it must be getting posted to paypal but not onto the reports
    still no joy!

can anyone help please

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

From what I can tell from this angle, it seems you're trying to report on data in eBay and PayPal's store ... and expecting that somehow your data from yet another completely separate store is somehow supposed to be magically linked into that other inventory system and, apparently it doesn't work that way.

So, either there is a discrepancy in how you've set up the product names and numbers in your Zen Cart store vs the inventory items in your eBay/PayPal store, or ... PayPal just doesn't link the two together even though the information is submitted with the transactions.

Sounds like you need to do some digging with PayPal tech support about whether what you're asking for is even something they offer.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    From what I can tell from this angle, it seems you're trying to report on data in eBay and PayPal's store ... and expecting that somehow your data from yet another completely separate store is somehow supposed to be magically linked into that other inventory system and, apparently it doesn't work that way.

So, either there is a discrepancy in how you've set up the product names and numbers in your Zen Cart store vs the inventory items in your eBay/PayPal store, or ... PayPal just doesn't link the two together even though the information is submitted with the transactions.

Sounds like you need to do some digging with PayPal tech support about whether what you're asking for is even something they offer.
    yes that is exactly what i was trying to do all day
    but the buggers are to busy.

i dont have to setup anything within ebay to get this done as its comes automatically from them.

Am not asking for magic all i was asking was whether the item names do get transferred into paypal and whether there was a way. if ebay item names can do it why can't zen carts? i didn't have to set anything up in ebay or paypal to do this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

i dont have to setup anything within ebay to get this done as its comes automatically from them.
    Well, given that PayPal is owned by eBay, I'm not surprised.
    Am not asking for magic all i was asking was whether the item names do get transferred into paypal and whether there was a way. if ebay item names can do it why can't zen carts? i didn't have to set anything up in ebay or paypal to do this.
    Well, using Express Checkout, the Zen Cart product name and model number are passed on to PayPal.
    What PayPal does with it from there is something outside our control.
    PayPal will have to speak to how they use that information and whether it can be tied to your eBay inventory data.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12