Plugin Contributions

Default Changing navigation menu links and footer links

Hello - i'm having a hell of a time with zen-cart....i feel overwhelmed in the admin....can't really make sense of it.

I've installed zen-cart and dumped a template from template monster on top of it....and now i'm trying to customize it.

Shop here: http://blackberry.gsmunlocklabs.com

I'd like to remove "reviews" and "FAQ" from my top "navigation" menu (is this the header?). I've looked all through the admin and can't seem to find a way to turn them off and have no clue what files i'd want to edit to do it manually.

Also - in the footer of the site it has the same links that are in the "navigation" menu....I'd like to remove or replace most of these with links to my other sites.....i can't seem to find this in the menu either.

I'm growing pretty frustrated and since I've already invested $150 for my template, I need to make this work.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to make these changes i've described?

I also want to do a few things to the information boxes, but I guess I'll get to that next....

Thanks,

Josh

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing navigation menu links and footer links

I've installed zen-cart and dumped a template from template monster on top of it....and now i'm trying to customize it.
    This is your second mistake - Your first is the Template Monster template. As a general rule with them you have to like the template as is or face their unorthodox method of coding the template...
    Unfortunately, due to the amount of license they take outside of the accepted ZenCart schema the assistance available here on this forum will be little that will work.
    You should search for them on this forum just so that you are aware of the issues with their templates
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

well, to be quite honest.....a out of the box zen-cart doesn't look nearly as good as the templates you can get there. i've used them for oscommerce in the past and haven't experienced this much difficulty tweaking them.

so you have no suggestion on how to do the things I'm looking to do? just that I've made two mistakes?

Plugin Contributions

Like I stated, one either like their template "as is" or faces an uphill battle.
    What it is - They have not taken the time to learn the Zen Cart schema and develop templates that conform and have shortcutted their development to make $ and leave those that purchase their non comforming templates to their own devices. They do not even have a single standard that they write these templates to. So this makes working with any of their templates an adventure in trying to determine what that writer has done.
    Did you bother to search this forum for them?
    so you have no suggestion on how to do the things I'm looking to do?
    I suggest that you contact them for assistance as they have your money
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

maybe so....but again, to be honest if you compare the look of a template monster templated zen-cart to a typical zen-cart....i think it's pretty easy to say which looks far better....and i guess that was my motivation.

thx.

Plugin Contributions

compare the look of a template monster templated zen-cart to a typical zen-cart....i think it's pretty easy to say which looks far better
    In design, one is only limited by their own capabilities
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten