Plugin Contributions

Default Image on mouse over?

I'm wondering if Zen Cart can do this if or anybody knows of a cart that can do something like this:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...agetooltip.htm
    live example: http://www.d2items.com/products.php?...&rf=1236743160

Roll over the base image/link and you see a much bigger image appear. I've been searching everywhere for an ecommerce system that does this automatically with minimal code hacking involved.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image on mouse over?

Yes Search for Image Handler in the download section.

Plugin Contributions

Image Handler 2 is in use on the Holzheimer site in my sig, if you want to see what it does. There's also Lightbox, but I'm not familiar with how it works.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Thanks
    I'm test running an installation of Zen Cart with this addon. So far so good. I just cant figure out if Image Handler2 can choose a thumbnail and then when you hover over the thumbnail a different image appears.

Also it seems as if the image box that appears when you hover over the thumbnail is located at the top left of my site. I would like it to be right by the mouse but I don't see any options for that.

Plugin Contributions

You can set the position in the configuration>images in your site admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorousshoe View Post
    You can set the position in the configuration>images in your site admin.
    Glamorousshoe is correct. If you look in admin>configuration>images, there'll be settings at the bottom of the list that begin IH and correspond to Image Handler 2.

IH2 can't display a different image, but you can have multiple images for a product. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=58
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    Glamorousshoe is correct. If you look in admin>configuration>images, there'll be settings at the bottom of the list that begin IH and correspond to Image Handler 2.

IH2 can't display a different image, but you can have multiple images for a product. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=58
    I see the IH image options under config>images, but I don't see the positioning for the hover image.

The upper part of my products displays the hover image next to the thumbnail (good).

The lower part of my products displays the hover image out of the screen or way up top of the screen (bad).

I play around with the postiioning of the hover image under jscript_imagehover.js in the follwing code, but no luck
    Code:
    var offsetfrommouse=[0,0]; //image x,y offsets from cursor position in pixels. Enter 0,0 for no offset
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JE

Plugin Contributions

I didin't explain my last post correctly, so let's try again.

I see the IH image options under config>images, but I don't see the optioon to change the positioning for the hover effect.

In the upper par of my page, (first 5 products) the mouse over displays the hover image next to the thumbnail (good).

In the lower part of my page, (if more than 5 products) the mouse over displays the hover image out of the screen or way up top of the screen (bad).

I play around with the postiioning of the hover image under jscript_imagehover.js in the follwing code, but no luck
    Code:
    var offsetfrommouse=[0,0]; //image x,y offsets from cursor position in pixels. Enter 0,0 for no offset
    Any suggestions where I can change the hover image positioning? problem occurs in all browers I tested (IE7,firefox,chrome)

Thanks,

JE

Plugin Contributions

Try tinkering with the Zoom Gravity (should be the last item on the list in admin>configuration>images).
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Try tinkering with the Zoom Gravity (should be the last item on the list in admin>configuration>images).
    Thanks for the reply,

Tried that still not working.

Seems problem is worse in Firefox and Opera. Anybody else encouter this problem?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

JE