Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Is there or does someone have or know how get Elavon to be compatable?

I looked and searched and i haven't found a way to use Elavon credit card processing from costco. They have a great promo for the month of March. You get a free terminal if u sign up, and reduced fees. Please, if you know , let me know how- thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there or does someone have or know how get Elavon to be compatable?

from their website it appears that the services offered are only manual terminals - no capability for real-time online processing from a shopping cart.
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there or does someone have or know how get Elavon to be compatable?

I know several people who use Elavon with shopping carts and it works fine.

Elavon is the payment processor. You still need to set up a payment gateway account, such as Authorize.net. Elavon should be able to help you with that.

Once you are set up with Authorize.net, just use that with Zen Cart.

Personally, I don't know why one service cannot handle both tasks. The specific reponsibilities get a bit vague.
    Last edited by Tech-E; 12 Mar 2009 at 12:05 AM.

Plugin Contributions

my reference was to the services being offered by costco, not directly by Elevon
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

The services offered by Costco are through Elavon.

http://www.elavon.com/acquiring/costco/

Plugin Contributions

is there a free gateway to elavon?

Plugin Contributions

I'm going to answer my own question. After full research, i got it.
    Elavon had to change their name from nova to elavon. Nova meant something bad in spanish. So they spelled nova backwards and added el to it . Any way, You can sign up with elavon through costco. You have to pay a one time fee of $179.00 pay their percentage fess, etc..

To install a free gateway: Install the payment module called "Virtual Merchant Enhanced Payment Module" on the last page of "Payment Modules" in the "free software add ons" tab. After uploading and installing from the admin area, just fill out info and walla! No fees from authorize.net! Enjoy

Plugin Contributions

If you sign up with Costco as an executive member ($100 per year), there is no signup fee or monthly fees with Elavon.

"No va" means "no go" in Spanish. This was one of the classic marketing blunders also made by Chevrolet when they introduced the Chevy Nova to Latin American countries.

Plugin Contributions

I do have an executive account. When i spoke to them on the phone they said for internet accounts it's $179.

Plugin Contributions

I talked to Elavon about 3 weeks ago. They told me that there is no setup fee or monthly fee for Executive members, which is exactly the same as I was told at my local Costco store. Read the following page:

http://www.elavon.com/acquiring/costco/

• $4.95 monthly statement fee - waived for Executive Members
    • One time $25 application fee - waived for Executive Members

Are you located in the USA? if you are in Canada, they might have a different program.

I am planning to switch because the fees I'm getting hit with through my current payment processor are getting outrageous.

There may be a difference between a setup fee and an application fee. If there is a special setup fee, they didn't tell me about it.

You might want to try calling them again. You might have talked to a dufus on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast