Quote Originally Posted by lotii10396 View Post
I know this might seem a *dumb* question but if this Ozpost module replaces the AustPost - Improved Module, why is the *old* one still being offered as a download?

From what I can tell (only by accident did I read this thread too...) is that I should *not* be using AustPost - improved but instead using Ozpost.

????

Adrian
For the same reason(s) the even older and even more obsolete 'AusPost' module is still available.

1. Us mere mortals (the people that submit the modules) have no way to delete/remove them.

2. Although not applicable in this case, some of the older modules may not wotk with the newer versions of zencart, and since some people still use the older zencart versions it makes sense to leave the module for them to use, and

3. The zencart team generally have no way of knowing (unless they are told) if an old module wotks with newer versions of zencart or not. Many will, so they can't simply remove them just because they weren't created or specified to wotk with the latest versions.

Having said that, perhaps if DrByte, Ajeh, or any of the other zencart team could see fit to delete or archive the "AusPost" and "AustPost - Improved" modules it could save a few people a few headaches, because neither of them work with any version of zencart these days.

Cheers
Rod