Page 1 of 226 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default ozpost shipping module

G'day All,

I've just uploaded my latest creation for Australian users, a shipping module called 'ozpost'.
    Get it here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1286

Based on lessons learned from my development of the 'Austpost Improved' module this is all new code, all new servers, with many, many improvements.

As with any new code though there are sure to be lots of new bugs.

This thread is the place to report and discuss any issues that you may have.

Enjoy
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi Rod

I've got a couple of questions.

Does it do E-parcel registered post?

Can you override the costs within the admin module yet or would I still have to modify code? If code then can you let me know which source file?

Cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by ionebusiness; 16 Mar 2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: forgot to ask another question

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ionebusiness View Post
    Does it do E-parcel registered post?
    No. (it doesn't do any eParcel quotes, registered or otherwise).
    I'm assuming by eParcel you are referring to this:
    http://www.auspost.com.au/eParcel/

Can you override the costs within the admin module yet or
    What do you mean 'yet'? This implies it was something that was planned. I had no such plans.

would I still have to modify code? If code then can you let me know which source file?
    One of the main objectives of this update was to simplify the client code by having the server return all possible shipping methods (and prices) based on the data it is fed.

It returns this data in .XML format.

All the client software has to do is provide this data and then exclude any unwanted/disabled shipping methods.

Because of this change in methology not all individual prices are available to the client. For example, a registered parcel will show the total cost (postage and reg fees) with no (easy) means of isolating the two components.

Now having said that, the client code is now very simple to add additional shipping methods (as they are added to the server), and also pretty easy to read (and modify).

Anyway, back to your question.. forgive me if we've been over this before, but exactly what cost and in what way do you need to modify them?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

Thanks for answering those questions.

Yes, that's what I meant by eparcel. Do you know of any other modules that handle this?

All I meant re. the price modifications in the admin section was that I have a customer who asks me to override the actual Australia Post prices and I currently do this by modifying austpost.php. I was just wondering if you were going to put this in the admin section - don't get me wrong I wasn't implying like it was something I thought you had planned for the new ozpost module. Obviously I phrased my question incorrectly and for that I apologise.

Cheers
    Andy

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

Thanks for answering those questions.

Yes, that's what I meant by eparcel. Do you know of any other modules that handle this?
    None that I'm aware of.

All I meant re. the price modifications in the admin section was that I have a customer who asks me to override the actual Australia Post prices and I currently do this by modifying austpost.php. I was just wondering if you were going to put this in the admin section -
    Hmmm, no. The place to make cost adjustments is with the P&H charges, rather than the actual postage costs, and this can be done via the admin interface.

don't get me wrong I wasn't implying like it was something I thought you had planned for the new ozpost module.
    <phew> That's good. I thought for a moment that I may have at some time given you the impression I was heading towards this, or that it was something I had hinted at adding.

The fact is. I believe it would be morally wrong to have the module present an artificially inflated *postage* cost to the customer. It also somewhat defeats the aim of giving accurate quotes.
    Charging an 'inflated' P&H fee is a whole different ballgame though, which is why these fees are user defined.

Having said that, if you (or your client) really does want to inflate the postage quotes, you will find this much easier to do with the new code than it was the old code, primarily because the code itself is much simpler and cleaner.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    G'day All,

I've just uploaded my latest creation for Australian users, a shipping module called 'ozpost'.
    Now available for download.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1286

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

May I know how to split a parcel into more than a box, if the parcel's length or girth or weight exceeded the Australia Post limit?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BW2008 View Post
    May I know how to split a parcel into more than a box, if the parcel's length or girth or weight exceeded the Australia Post limit?

Thanks.
    Due to problems caused by splitting some parcels by length or girth this functionality hasn't been carried across from the old module (yet).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

After installing the module, I am getting these errors in Module -> Shipping.

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 67 and defined in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/classes/template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 69 and defined in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/classes/template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 70 and defined in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/classes/template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 97 and defined in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/classes/template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 97 and defined in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/classes/template_func.php on line 42

1062 Duplicate entry 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_STATUS' for key 2
    in:
    [insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable the ozpost module by
    ', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_STATUS', 'True', 'Enable this Module', '6', '1', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

What did I do wrong???

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

Just a quick question and probably quite an easy one at that. Can I use this module to only handle international orders as I am wanting to have free postage Australia wide?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 226 1231151101 ... LastLast