Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Optional Shipping Insurance Module [Support Thread]

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=232

I've delayed putting this back up forever, but I can confirm this works with 1.3.6. This will be in the download section soon.

What this mod does:

This module allows shipping insurance to be charged in three ways. You can either choose standard USPS rates, a percentage of the subtotal, or by an incremental rate of your choosing. It calculates US, Canadian, and then international rates. It limits canadian to $8.60 or orders up to $675 (USPS Canadian shipping indemnity limit). This module WILL NOT add insurance to virtual items or gift certificates.

Please post any issues or questions here!

Plugin Contributions

Default WHOA! This is exactly what a lot of people have been looking for!!!

I don't need this for insurance, but by changing the label, I can use this to allow people to choose a delivery confirmation add on for $2 at checkout. All I do is set it to a flat amount of $2 per increment and make the increment a super high dollar amount so it's never more than $2.

Then I go into one of the files (english/modules/order_total/***.php) and change the jive about insurance to read "Check this for Delivery Confirmation..."

My point is people all over this board are looking for a way to charge a fee during checkout for an added service - be it gift wrapping (per product is too cumbersome for some) or what I included. There is one mod for such an add on but it didn't work for me, is unsupported and far too complicated.

Woo Hoo!

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

Okay, I have an idea, but since I don't know php, I'm not exactly sure how to impliment it. Our customers can choose between USPS and UPS shipping. What I would like to do is offer them shipping insurance based on which shipping option they choose. So, my thought is to have 2 ot_insurance.php files. one would be called ot_uspsinsurance.php and the other would be ot_upsinsurance.php. The USPS one would be set to calculate the USPS insurance rates. While the UPS one would be set to increment. Now, my question is, how can I get it to call the right insurance file based on the shipping option that the customer chooses. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Melissa
    http://store.equineshop.biz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    I've delayed putting this back up forever, but I can confirm this works with 1.3.6. This will be in the download section soon.

What this mod does:

This module allows shipping insurance to be charged in three ways. You can either choose standard USPS rates, a percentage of the subtotal, or by an incremental rate of your choosing. It calculates US, Canadian, and then international rates. It limits canadian to $8.60 or orders up to $675 (USPS Canadian shipping indemnity limit). This module WILL NOT add insurance to virtual items or gift certificates.

Please post any issues or questions here!
    Thanks for this add-on !!

Is there a way to format the text and move the checkbox to the left ?

I added a couple of lines to the default text, and it comes out about a third of the box wide, with several rows.

Please advise

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebred View Post
    Okay, I have an idea, but since I don't know php, I'm not exactly sure how to impliment it. Our customers can choose between USPS and UPS shipping. What I would like to do is offer them shipping insurance based on which shipping option they choose. So, my thought is to have 2 ot_insurance.php files. one would be called ot_uspsinsurance.php and the other would be ot_upsinsurance.php. The USPS one would be set to calculate the USPS insurance rates. While the UPS one would be set to increment. Now, my question is, how can I get it to call the right insurance file based on the shipping option that the customer chooses. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Melissa
    http://store.equineshop.biz
    Sorry, I don't have any ideas on that, but if you have both offered during checkout, one titled USPS insurance, one titled UPS insurance, then the customer has to choose one or the other. Not perfect, but I think doable.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chuby2 View Post
    Thanks for this add-on !!

Is there a way to format the text and move the checkbox to the left ?

I added a couple of lines to the default text, and it comes out about a third of the box wide, with several rows.

Please advise
    Hi!

Just add this to your css:
    #checkoutPayment .inputLabel {
    width:85%;
    }

I think that will do the trick.

Plugin Contributions

jettrue,

thanks for this module. The fix you posted in the post above this one does format the text correctly.. however the checkbox is still to the right side. Could I bother you into helping me move it to the left of the text? :)

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

I love this mod, but the items in my store 'Require Insurance' and I need an insurance module that requires insurance. Is there a way to alter this mod to 'Require Insurance' or is there a mod for Shipping Insurance where you can check to make shipping insurance 'Mandatory'?

Thanks for all of your help in advance!
    Tony
    When You Wish Magic
    http://www.whenyouwishmagic.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have installed this mod, however I have encountered an error during the the checkout process (Step 3 of 3 - Order Confirmation).

It comes up with the following error:

"Warning: Missing argument 2 for zen_add_tax() in /home/xmanhos/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_taxes.php on line 94"

The insurance cost is inculded in the order total at this stage, however if I click "confirm order", it comes up with the folowing error:

"Warning: Missing argument 2 for zen_add_tax() in /home/xmanhos/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_taxes.php on line 94"

Anyone have any ideas ?

Plugin Contributions

That issue is not occuring now - however I don't know if I did anything to fix it.

My apologies to those people who might have that problem in the future, but I don't know why it is suddenly working.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast