Page 104 of 226 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi Rod

A little bit of success. I went back to version 2.0.6 and am not getting the error messages in the error log. Does that help?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robbie269 View Post
    Hi Rod

Deleted any the tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php files except the default one. Still getting the errors. Sorry!

Rob
    This has me beat at the moment.... doubly so because I can't seem to replicate the error on your site (thehorsestall.com.au)

Is there anything that you know of that will allow me to replicate the problem... eg, does it only occur when there are specific item(s) in the cart, or perhaps something with the destination location, basically any clues at all could be useful.

Anyway, you can probably revert back to the ozpost tpl file now, because it didn't fix the problem, so therefore has nothing to do with the cause.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

The errors only appear in my cached error log. So I don't know how you could see them. However it is always the same 3 as my original post. And I get them no matter what products I order or where I pretend I am from.

It does not seem to effect customers at all because I am still getting orders with the correct postage rate etc.

My live site is still running 2.0.8 with the errors. But I have been fiddling on my test site which is identical to the live one. As I said previously I copied all the 2.0.6 files over and got no errors. I have since done a simple upgrade to 2.0.7 (just coping the ozpost.php files) and am now getting the errors again. So it must be something in those two files. I think?? Maybe.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tpeck View Post
    Can you tell us what logic you are using to get the figure of $11.00?

I realise there is a range of label prices - it says so - but I would be paying $12.05 not being a frequent user.
    OK, I've figured out whats happening here - As per earlier message, the ozpost server will quote this as $12.10 due to rounding. This price includes GST, so the figure being displayed to you ($11.00) is the pre-GST amount ($11.00 + $1.10 = $12.10).

Your other shipping quotes have the same 'error' - EG, AustPost Parcel - Shows $11.73 - The actual cost is $12.90 ($11.73 + $1.17)

In other words, you have something amiss with your GST/Tax settings.

If you are NOT registered for GST the solution is simple... under the ozpost admin settings is one to enable/disable the tax... It appears that you have this enabled - Just set it to 'none' and the quotes will be correct.

If you ARE registered for GST, you will need to enable this option AND ensure you have the correct TAX rates set for the Australia zone, and again, your customers will be presented with correct GST inclusive quotes.

The fact that you are seeing tax exclusive prices would indicate that you have enabled the GST functions, but haven't set a GST tax amount.

I know this may seem a bit convoluted, but in order to get the figures 'right' for both GST and non GST registered clients the ozpost module needs to take the GST inclusive prices provided by the servers, present them 'as is' for non GST merchants, but reduce them by the GST amount for those merchants that are GST registered... The zencart core code then calculates the amount of tax that needs to be added to the shipping based on the tax rates defined ... Since this tax rate should be 10%, the same that ozpost had reduced it by, the net result displayed will once again be GST inclusive - The only difference is that 'zencart' now 'knows' about this GST component and as such will show it as such on the invoices, etc.

I realise that many small GST merchants wouldn't normally even consider claiming the postage tax back as an input credit (partly because it is difficult to keep track oll those small amounts), but a busy store could be spending a small fortune on postage and these credits can add up pretty quickly.

On the other hand, any merchant that has a turnover of less than $75,000pa would be foolish to register for GST anyway - It provides no gains, and effectivly makes 'em an unpaid tax collector. (been there, done that).

Anyway, the cause of your problem has been identified - You shouldn't have too much problem fixing it. :-)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

The errors only appear in my cached error log. So I don't know how you could see them.
    Oh, ok... When I first came across the issue the errors were being dumped to screen (I guess the server was set to report a different error level or sumfing). I had simply assumed yours was too. (I really must stop making assumptions).

However it is always the same 3 as my original post. And I get them no matter what products I order or where I pretend I am from.
    This is also important to know :-)

My live site is still running 2.0.8 with the errors. But I have been fiddling on my test site which is identical to the live one. As I said previously I copied all the 2.0.6 files over and got no errors. I have since done a simple upgrade to 2.0.7 (just coping the ozpost.php files) and am now getting the errors again. So it must be something in those two files. I think?? Maybe.
    Until now I wasn't sure about v2.0.6 - But you have confirmed this version is ok... Now, I know that V2.0.7 *definitely* had the issue, and the fix for it came about with 2.0.8 - or at least I was hoping this was the case.

So, if you don't mind, I would suggest you go back to a working copy of 2.0.6 then upgrade directly to V2.0.8. I'm not sure if it'll help any, but I think it is worth a shot.

I have done other research this afternoon, and from all accounts, the problem is definitley linked to the attempted saving of XML data as a SESSION variable, and I'm 99.9% confident that there is only the one instance of this, and that is in the 'main' ozpost.php file.

.... (later)

Hmm, I may have found another culprit that I missed:
    ozpost.php line 285

$_SESSION['ozpostdsub'] = $xmlQuotes->information[0]->destsuburb;

Try commenting this line out and see if the problem goes away. If so, re-add the line with a minor modification, thus:

$_SESSION['ozpostdsub'] = (string)$xmlQuotes->information[0]->destsuburb;

I will add that this isn't important code - it does nothing for the functionalty of the module, what it does do is show the Destination suburb on the shipping estimator page, and the customers should know what suburb their postcode is anyway <g> ... I added it as a bit of feedback because FastWay requires suburb names rather than postcodes, and some postcodes have many suburbs associated with them - This 'feedback' was to let me (and others) know exactly which suburb is 'selected' for any given postcode.

Anyway, hopefully the fix above will solve the XML/Session problem for you. If not, it's back to the drawing board.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

The only other oddities that I notice when being served quotes is that the weight at the top of the shipping estimator is in lbs not gms, yet I have set gms (not kgs) as the setting.

I think you might have answered this before (beyond your control maybe???) - I can't remember.

The other thing is that one of the quotes is always bolded, but there's no knowing which one it will be.

It's likely an error my end, and I'm now wondering if another add-on I installed is messing things up. I'll have to do some research.

EDIT: POSTED THIS WITHOUT READING YOUR LATEST MESSAGE, SO THANKS - WILL INVESTIGATE.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

It's fixed!!! It was that culprit in the ozpost.php file. I have added the edited line and I am not getting any errors in the log. (And I have gone in there a couple of times just in case my eyes have tricked me.)

Thanks Rod. I really appreciate your work.

Robyn

Plugin Contributions

You must be right - given the figures - but I'm a bit bemused by this GST solution because I think I already have it set up right:

If you ARE registered for GST, you will need to enable this option AND ensure you have the correct TAX rates set for the Australia zone, and again, your customers will be presented with correct GST inclusive quotes.

The fact that you are seeing tax exclusive prices would indicate that you have enabled the GST functions, but haven't set a GST tax amount.
    I kept the settings from the previous zencart/ozpost setup before I moved to zencart1.3.9d and ozpost 2.0.8.

I've always been registered for GST so I have it set up like this:

and...

...but my quotes are tax exclusve? Weird.

It's got to be me but has me beat. Sorry to cause you strife.

(BTW - the green admin background is the Green Tea theme - easier on my tired old eyes. Highly recommend if that's your thing too.)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

It's fixed!!! It was that culprit in the ozpost.php file. I have added the edited line and I am not getting any errors in the log. (And I have gone in there a couple of times just in case my eyes have tricked me.)

Thanks Rod. I really appreciate your work.

Robyn
    Thanks for the bug report, and all that you have done to help me solve it :-)

I'll update my source code now so that it'll be fixed 'out of the bx' with the next update.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tpeck View Post
    It's got to be me but has me beat.
    A bit to early to come to any conclusions yet, but I have to admit, it has got me stumped at the moment too.

Please bear with me on this reply, I'm 'thinking with my fingers' (I often find it helps when trying to figure sometring that doesn't make much sense)

I've discovered a couple of 'odditys' that I can't explain, that may or may not be the key to the issue.

Firstly, one of the graphics you supplied shows that your GST zone is for "1.Australia" - This may or may not be significant. All other stores I've worked on has this displayed simply as "Australia".

Whether, or even how this will affect things I have no idea (much of what zen does in regards to handling tax is a bit of a mystery to me).

The other oddity is in my code - I've spotted a discepency that may or may not be intentional - It has been a long time since I've look at this part of the code and to be honest, I have no explanation as to why I've done what I've done (I'm sure there is/was a good reason, but can't think what it would be.
    <stop the press>
    Forget this - The oddity is/was intentional to avoid a divide by zero error.

..... Thinks some more......

Nope, this has me stumped.... the ozpost code does pretty much the exact same checks when deducting the GST as it does when adding it - The check/test when *adding* GST being:

if ($this->tax_class > 0) { "get tax rates" }

and for reduction:
    if (($dest_country == "AU") && (($this->tax_class) > 0)) {"calc ex GST"}

The stuff between {} isn't the actual code, it is just to indicate what the code actually does if the conditions are met.
    It needs to be noted that the deduction of GST only occurs if the destination country is AU *and* the 'tax_class variable is greater than zero. This is because only AU deliverys have the GST component.

The test for reADDING the GST only needs to check for tax_class > 0 with no need to limit to AU because any non AU quotes don't have a GST component in the first place.. in any case, it wouldn't be important because it is this less restrictive test/check that appears to be broken. IOW,

if (($dest_country == "AU") && (($this->tax_class) > 0)
    is finding and using the correct tax_class,
    but the code
    if ($this->tax_class > 0) is either failing to match, or, if it is matching, it isn't returning the tax rate......

OKAY....... I think this is where we should possibly start with a little bit of debugging. Are you handy with a text editor?

If, so, load the ozpost.php into your editor, and seach for 'tax_class'.

There will be one such entry on line 131... So, on line 132 (currently blank) add this:

$this->quotes['tax'] = 10 ;

There is a similar entry on line 537 .. as above, on the line below, add:
    $this->quotes['tax'] = 10 ;

Save the file and see if the quotes now appear with the correct GST inclusive amounts. (The lines you have added will effectively negate/override the lines the precede them).

IF this seems to 'cure' the problem we'll need to investigate whethjer it is the ($this->tax_class > 0) check itself that is failing, or whether it is the retrieval of the actual data that is amiss... My gut feeling is the latter, but the modification I suggested tests both possibilty at the same time rather than each one individually.

Well, Im not sure how much of this you have been able to follow (as I said at the start, I'm finking with my thingers) - I'm hoping you have followed enough to see the direction I'm heading and that you are willing/able to make the suggested changes... if not please get back to me and we'll see if alternative debugging can be arranged....

Cheers
    Rod

ps. For the time being (at least when not testing/debugging) it will be wise for you to tell the ozpost module that you are NOT registered for GST. This will/should at least stop you from underquoting. The downside being that you'll have no way of isolating the GST component for reporting purposes.