Page 140 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi Rod,

So it's Christmas and I am over people saying they have not received their parcel! I was wondering how difficult it would be to make every order over $50 registered and insured. I can't seem to figure out the settings to get that to happen. Also it doesn't allow for satchels to be registered, which you can do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, how many claims can you have with Australia Post at the same time?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, Ok I have upgraded before, but I find it a bit tricky and now need to go to your newer version. For the illiterate of us could you advise what files we need to change / process to follow to upgrade?

I am sure lots of us would appreciate it!

Thanks
    Jazzah

(Fully paid up subscriber!)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jazzah View Post
    Hi Rod, Ok I have upgraded before, but I find it a bit tricky and now need to go to your newer version. For the illiterate of us could you advise what files we need to change / process to follow to upgrade?

I am sure lots of us would appreciate it!
    ..... V2.2.0 UPGRADE.txt ....................
    As a GENERAL RULE upgrading from an older version of ozpost will require that you simply replace the following two files

/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ozpost.php.

Also check for any new icons. Anytime a new method is added there should also be corresponding icons for them.

After upgrading you should *ALWAYS* log in as admin, then 'REMOVE' and 'INSTALL' the ozpost module. Please take note of your settings before doing this because they will be returned back to the instalation defaults as a result of this NECESSARY action.

V2.1.1 to V2.2.0
    If upgrading from V2.1.1 to V2.20 you only need to replace the file
    /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php
    (you still need to perform the remove/install process though)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering how difficult it would be to make every order over $50 registered and insured. I can't seem to figure out the settings to get that to happen.
    You'll need to do some custom editing for this because the code doesn't have the functionality to enable/disable methods based on price.

It shouldn't be difficult... in the /modules/shipping/ozpost.php file, seek out the "CASE" statements (there are lots of them)

For example:
    ---------------------------------
    case "RPP";
    if(in_array("Regular", $this->allowed_methods)) $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_RPP_HANDLING ;
    break ;

This is the entry for regular parcels.. and the entry is "set" if "Regular" parcels are in the $this->allowed_methods array.

If you wish this entry to NOT show (because the ordercost is over $50) then you'll just need to expand the test so it reads:

case "RPP";
    if ((in_array("Regular", $this->allowed_methods)) && ($ordercost < 50 ) ) $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_RPP_HANDLING ;
    break ;

You'll need to repeat this with each "CASE" that is normally enabled, but you wish to conditionally disable.

You may find it easier to simply dissallow regular parcels, which means all order regardless of cost must be sent either registered or insured.

Also it doesn't allow for satchels to be registered, which you can do.
    I do realise that this is possible, and one day I might add it as another valid option (my how this has grown since its initial inception), but the reason it isn't supported is mainly because of the fact that satchels are prepaid, which makes them more of a convenience rather than a cost effective method of mailing.. The convenience being that most merchants will have them on-hand and will not need to enter a post office in order to post them.
    This convenience gets lost if you need to enter the post office in order to add registration, and if you are going to do that, you are best off packing the item(s) in a reguar box which will often be a cheaper and better packaged option anyway. (In other words, disable the satchels)

how many claims can you have with Australia Post at the same time?
    As far as I know there are no limits.

Cheers
    Rod

Hi Rod

Thanks for all your past help.

As promised I up-graded from V1.0.1 to V2.2.0 and everything seemed to go quite well.

However, I must have made a couple of mistakes with the settings or mis-interpretted the logic.

I operate from 4012 (Brisbane suburban) and mostly use 5kg Express satchels.

I tried to set up using walk in, registered parcel post, normal express parcel, Pre-Paid 3 and 5kg satchels and ego.

For some reason I can't get a quote for the Satchels at all and the Express parcel claims I am sending outside the express network from 4012 to 3000.

http://charcool.com/shop/index.php?m...products_id=34

I have debugged baseded on the product above and this is the server response

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1'?><quotes>
    <quote><id>EGO</id><cost>8.80</cost><days>3</days><description>E-go Parcel</description></quote><quote><id>RPP</id><cost>11.90</cost><days>3</days><description>Parcel over 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>PPSE3XL</id><cost>14.60</cost><days>1 (Outside Express network - fastest possible delivery)</days><description>3kg XL Express Satchel</description></quote><quote><id>REG</id><cost>14.85</cost><days>4</days><description>Registered Parcel over 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>RPPi</id><cost>14.85</cost><days>4</days><description>Insured Parcel over 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>EXP</id><cost>22.25</cost><days>1 (Outside Express network - fastest possible delivery)</days><description>Express Parcel over 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>COD</id><cost>22.40</cost><days>4</days><description>Cash On Delivery </description></quote><quote><id>EXPi</id><cost>25.20</cost><days>1 (Outside Express network - fastest possible delivery)</days><description>Insured Express Parcel over 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>PLT</id><cost>27.00</cost><days>1 (Outside Express network - fastest possible delivery)</days><description>Platinum Parcel over 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>PLTi</id><cost>29.95</cost><days>1 (Outside Express network - fastest possible delivery)</days><description>Insured Platinum Parcel over 500gm</description></quote><information>
    <server>74.55.148.130</server>
    <timestamp>Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:34 (SA Server Time)</timestamp>
    <requesttime>11:04 (QLD Store Time)</requesttime>
    <postdate>Wed 29th of Dec</postdate>
    <insurance>2.95</insurance>
    <registration>2.95</registration>
    <fromsuburb>NUNDAH</fromsuburb>
    <destsuburb>MELBOURNE</destsuburb>
    <expires>337</expires>
    </information>
    </quotes>
    In addition I also seem to be getting 2 sets of quotes one from V 2.2 with images and an earlier version (maybe???) without. Ego comes up after the first 2 which is what makes me think I am getting 2 sets of quotes.

Available Shipping Methods. For your protection, all regular parcel rates include registration Rates
    Australia PostRegistered Parcel Post - 4 days Estimated Delivery Time)
    - Includes $5.00 Packaging & Handling. $2.95 Registered. $19.85
    Australia PostExpress Parcel Post (1 days Estimated Delivery Time)
    - Includes $5.00 Packaging & Handling. $27.25
    E-go Parcel Mon 3rd of Jan
    Includes $5.00 Packaging & Handling.
    $13.80
    Australia Post Registered Parcel over 500gm Tue 4th of Jan
    Includes $5.00 Packaging & Handling. +$2.95 fee
    $19.85
    Australia Post Express Parcel over 500gm Thu 30th of Dec (Outside Express network - fastest possible delivery)
    Includes $5.00 Packaging & Handling.
    $27.25
    Store PickupWalk In $0.00

I have uninstalled and re-installed but still come up with the same result.

You may have seen this level of incompetence before ???

thanks

PS: Subscription the subscription is cheap. Accurate shipping costs are very complex. Hope it's working out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss61 View Post
    I operate from 4012 (Brisbane suburban) and mostly use 5kg Express satchels.

For some reason I can't get a quote for the Satchels at all and the Express parcel claims I am sending outside the express network from 4012 to 3000
    The debug output you posted indicates that satchel quotes were returned from the server, in this case, the 3kg XL sized, which implies that these are being disabled by your local settings. Yes, I know logic dicates that in this instance a quote should probably be given for a 5Kg Stachel instead, but the *server* doesn't know what you have disabled.
    I'm not really sure what to do about this. Suggestions?

As for being outside the express network, this was true according to the postcode list(s) available when I added the tests and checks. Since then new, much more comprehensive lists have been published, which I shall be incorporating into the server code early in the new year. Meanwhile I've just manually added 4012, so this should be fixed for you now (let me know if not).
    The added tests/checks are to enable accurate predictions of overnight deliveries.

In addition I also seem to be getting 2 sets of quotes one from V 2.2 with images and an earlier version (maybe???) without. Ego comes up after the first 2 which is what makes me think I am getting 2 sets of quotes.
    With DEBUG enabled you will/should see two sets iof quotes.. The first messy looking set is what is returend by the server, the second set is what is displayed to the customer. Usually these will match, but if you have disabled some methods these will be missing from the customer view.

You may have seen this level of incompetence before ???
    I refuse to answer this on the grounds that I will incriminate myself :-)

Cheers
    Rod.

Hi again Rod

Thanks for adding 4012. We're small but very important :).

Regarding the satchels quote:

satchel quotes were returned from the server, in this case, the 3kg XL sized, which implies that these are being disabled by your local settings. Yes, I know logic dicates that in this instance a quote should probably be given for a 5Kg Stachel instead, but the *server* doesn't know what you have disabled.
    I'm not really sure what to do about this. Suggestions?
    I understand and it does seem a conundrum. The server is just trying to fit the board in the cheapest satchel it can find, to the buyers benefit. It doesn't know I am too lazy and cheap to keep an entire range of Pre-Paids on hand. Clearly it doesn't know me as well as you do!

Here's my thought for what it's worth.

The satchels cost the same no matter where you are or where you are posting even outside the express network so you don't really need a server quote. They are more like a fixed price option.

Perhaps if you could have any of the four satchels selected optionally with the merchant inputting their own pricing.

Thus if I select 5kg satchels in the menu (all I stock) at $22.00 (including handling) the price could be displayed whenever a product within the dimensions was being quoted.

Of course this might be a bit of a nightmare (?) to program.

Otherwise, I guess I would need to see if AP were willing to sell me, a humble retailer, some of their very important and special 3kg and 5kg XL satchels which apparently are only available to "contract/account" customers who have slept with an independent member of the Commonwealth parliament
    http://auspost.com.au/business/expre....html#satchels

Leave you with that horrible thought.

Regarding the 2 quotes, after turning off debug this is what I got (with 3kg XL satchel) enabled:

6 quotes and still outside the Express Network (probably update overnight I guess).

Thanks again. At least I now understand what I didn't know.

cheers

cheers

Plugin Contributions

Hi again Rod

Thanks for adding 4012. We're small but very important :).
    I agree :)

Regarding the satchels quote:

I understand and it does seem a conundrum. The server is just trying to fit the board in the cheapest satchel it can find, to the buyers benefit. It doesn't know I am too lazy and cheap to keep an entire range of Pre-Paids on hand. Clearly it doesn't know me as well as you do!
    Well, not yet, but as with anything I code, I try to make the program as clever as I am (which equates to being as cheap and as lazy as everyone else) <grin> .

Here's my thought for what it's worth.

The satchels cost the same no matter where you are or where you are posting even outside the express network so you don't really need a server quote. They are more like a fixed price option.
    This is true, up until the time Australia Post increases their fees, at which time everyone will need to manually update their prices, which negates the benefits of using a server. Beleive it or not, some merchants are so 'out of touch' they still offer economy air as an overseas shipping method (Australia Post dropped this about 3 years ago).

Perhaps if you could have any of the four satchels selected optionally with the merchant inputting their own pricing.

Thus if I select 5kg satchels in the menu (all I stock) at $22.00 (including handling) the price could be displayed whenever a product within the dimensions was being quoted.

Of course this might be a bit of a nightmare (?) to program.
    Not really a 'nightmare', but it does place more dependance on the client code, which out of necessity I need to keep as simple as possible for portability purposes).

Nonetherless, it IS an option to be considered.

Another option (easy to implement, but I'm not convinced that there isn't a better way) is for the server to provide quotes for *all* satchels (that are suitable), and leave it for the client to filter the ones they don't need. This is much like the current method, but it will have the 'bad' side effect of offering (say) the 3kg and the 500gm stachels instead of just the 500gm ones, if suitible. IOW, it will present the customer an option that they don't really need. It WILL solve the current problems though.. but it is a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.

My 'other' solution is to update the client code (again), to include another setting to tell the server to continue to work the way it is, or to return all satchel quotes as indicated above, thus making it a user choice.. This is the 'near ideal' solution, other than it does introduce yet another setting that would probably confuse most people as to its purpose.

As you can see, several possible silutions, but so far nothing I'm 100% happy with. (Which is why I seek other ideas and inputs).

Otherwise, I guess I would need to see if AP were willing to sell me, a humble retailer, some of their very important and special 3kg and 5kg XL satchels which apparently are only available to "contract/account" customers who have slept with an independent member of the Commonwealth parliament
    http://auspost.com.au/business/expre....html#satchels
    LOL.

Have you asked at your local PO recently? As of last May the 5kg XL satchels were made available to most outlets for general use.

6 quotes and still outside the Express Network (probably update overnight I guess).
    I may need to take another look into the outside express network (my update should have taken immediate effect)... as for the duplicate quotes, it appears that you have more than one 'australia post' module installed/activated.. This is probably because you needed to make such a large jump in versions, and in the change from V1.x.x to V2.x.x I needed to keep the code entirely separate for developement purposes, therefore is is/was possible to have two versions running at the same time. Just disable the older version.

Cheers
    Rod

Thanks again. At least I now understand what I didn't know.

cheers

cheers[/quote]

Rod

Yep had the old Aust Post module running in tandem.

Looking better now - although 4012 still seems to be outside the Next Day network.

A possibility for overcoming the satchels issues (which ones do you have/offer) is to clone the Store Pick Up "Walk In" module so that the text you input in
    includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/storepickup.php
    shows your satchel. The price can be controlled from Admin - Modules - Shipping.

Downside is that it will still be offered for everything - very small products (overkill) and very large (won't fit).

I am aware from http://shop.vcsweb.com/ that there are only a small number of sites using the paid Ozpost solution, so my problem is probably pretty rare.

If I was oo.com.au I'd pay a programmer to make a more elegant fix but for now this will probably do:

Plugin Contributions

Looking better now - although 4012 still seems to be outside the Next Day network.
    I've just (re)checked, and 4012 is definitely now identified as being inside the next day delivery network, so I can only guess that it was the destination postcode that was outside (apparently).

For my tests, I used postcodes 3000 (Melbourne) and 5555 (Ashford).
    Only the quote to 5555 indicated that it was outside the express network.

A possibility for overcoming the satchels issues (which ones do you have/offer) is to clone the Store Pick Up "Walk In" module so that the text you input in shows your satchel. The price can be controlled from Admin - Modules - Shipping.
    Downside is that it will still be offered for everything - very small products (overkill) and very large (won't fit).
    This is also an alternatve for those merchants that don't wish to support the ozpost project.
    For me, this would have an even bigger impact in that I'd need to replicate this same functionality for each of the different softwares. Admittedly, this is currently only ZenCart and OsCommerce, but I have a version almost ready for OpenCart, and hopefully several others by the end of 2011

I am aware from http://shop.vcsweb.com/ that there are only a small number of sites using the paid Ozpost solution, so my problem is probably pretty rare.
    Just to clarify, it isn't just a small number of sites using the ozpost method, it is more a matter of the small number of (active) Australian zencart merchants period (which is why I need to bring other sofwares on board, because I suspect that all the other ecommerce solutions will also be small in number, but the combination of them all will produce positive gains for *all* of us.

As for your problem being pretty rare, I can't really say for sure. I became aware of what I consider to be my screwup (lack of foresight) in this regard a few minutes after releasing the initial V2.x.x code (Actually the 'problem' goes way back to V1, but it has become more troublesome with V2 with the additional 'hide' functions.
    Other than yourself I have had one other person report that it caused a problem (same reasons as yourself), which actually makes it unrare considering the total number of users.

If I was oo.com.au I'd pay a programmer to make a more elegant fix but for now this will probably do:
    A more elegant fix will be forthcoming because this 'hole' does bug me in that it can and does cause unexpected behaviour, not to mention the fact that It is in my best interests to make the module work in ways that the users would like and expect, so in this regard, I *am* the 'paid programmer'.

Cheers
    Rod