Page 150 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by Manx View Post
    So I would like to see the module confirm that each item in the cart could be shipped by fastway based on the above. If not then fastway is not available.
    I can (and probably will) end up doing this on a per parcel basis, but to do it on a per item basis is considerably more complex and will take a while to implement (I still need to get basic functionality with other shopping carts in order to generate more funds before I can consider this undertaking).

As a suggestion:- Perhaps a setting in the admin of the module could define an item size dimention. Anything bigger than this is calculated as per item. Anything smaller than this is assumed to be able to be packed into boxes meeting the top criteria and is based on weight.
    Ouch. That made my head spin <grin>

There are suggestions only and others may be able to provide better algorithms for packing.
    Cheers
    I've been working with and trying many different packing algorithms over the years, and the task is far more complex than most people could ever imagine. I have found the best solution is the simplest, and that is essentially what we currently have
    Seriously, I have no desire to go this path again, which is why I'm going the direction of providing more quote methods for more carts rather than continuing seeking the 'holy grail' of packing algorithms. This is also why I'm looking more towards providing a solution at the server level rather than the client level. Thanks for the suggestion(s) though.

Meanwhile I think I must now go with the (small) consensus that the best solution would be to disable the local/shorthaul quotes when the limits are exceeded. 'Tis a bit of a shame since the FastWay servers *do* provide reasonable/valid quotes for the same weight items over longer distances.

Cheers
    Rod

ps. I'll probably get to make this server change in the next day or two. I really need to tie up loose ends elswhere 1st.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

Is it possible to add AAE (Australian Air Express) satchels (3kg and 5kg) to this module. This vendor provides this service cheaper than Australia Post. If so can you make it so the price is adjustable by the storeowner?

Hope you can help.

Thanks, Mark

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mark168 View Post
    Hi Rod

Is it possible to add AAE (Australian Air Express) satchels (3kg and 5kg) to this module. This vendor provides this service cheaper than Australia Post. If so can you make it so the price is adjustable by the storeowner?

Hope you can help.

Thanks, Mark
    Yes it is possible (without too much trouble even), but I'm reluctant to do so because AAE don't make thier prices publically available, which means I have no (convenient) way of keeping them current.

As for making the price adjustable by the store owner, I am of the opinion that this is what the P&H charges should be utilised for.

So, to cut the long story short, yes, possible, but not likely, unless I can find an official website where thier prices are publically available (and then I'll add them in a hearbeat :-)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Yes it is possible (without too much trouble even), but I'm reluctant to do so because AAE don't make thier prices publically available, which means I have no (convenient) way of keeping them current.

As for making the price adjustable by the store owner, I am of the opinion that this is what the P&H charges should be utilised for.

So, to cut the long story short, yes, possible, but not likely, unless I can find an official website where thier prices are publically available (and then I'll add them in a hearbeat :-)

Cheers
    Rod
    Thanks for the reply Rod. I believe the AAE price is not published because it is variable and may be reduced or increased on forecasted/actual sales they expect to get annually from the store owner. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mark168 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Rod. I believe the AAE price is not published because it is variable and may be reduced or increased on forecasted/actual sales they expect to get annually from the store owner. Thanks
    Yeah. TNT have a similar price arrangment, which is why they need a login in order to obtain quotes. As far as I'm aware AAE doesn't even provide this functionality.

So, How's your PHP skills? Adding these satchels (to the client code) shouldn't be a difficult task ... I'll be happy to give some guidance, but I'm not in a position (at the moment) to consider doing it for you.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I spoke to fastway today and confirmed there shipping process. They will move an individual parcel upto 25kg dead weight or with a cubic weight of 40kg. Cubic weight is calculated h(m) x w(m) * l(m) x 250.

So I would like to see the module confirm that each item in the cart could be shipped by fastway based on the above. If not then fastway is not available.

Effective immediately:
    The ozpost module now performs a server-side check to ensure these limits aren't exceeded. If so FastWay quotes will no longer be available.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

My shipping module has been playing up for the last couple of hours. I noticed it was charging customer the flat $40 rate to post and when I went to investigate in admin it came up with
    "cURL communication ERROR: connect() timed out!
    Unable to connect to Ozpost server"

And would not fully load the module menu so I couldn't edit anything.

I went and set cURL to false as I am with godaddy and the modules loaded this time with no error, however the shipping is still showing as $40. I change the default to $6.55 so customer could still check out at a reasonable shipping rate but it hasn't changed.

I am yet to update to the new version.
    Prior to this today my website had a down period of about an hour where the database was unavailable for some reason and seemed to fix itself. Would this have played havoc with the cURL setting?

Terrible sorry if this has been mentioned before and I misse it.
    I am just wondering if you have any idea on how to fix up my shipping module. Thanks :)

Plugin Contributions

It's all fixed now. I reintalled in last night and checked this morning and its fine. Not sure what I did however.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pinksugardesign View Post
    It's all fixed now. I reintalled in last night and checked this morning and its fine. Not sure what I did however.
    Alas, I've no explanation for whatever the issue was. The server log files didn't show any abnormal decrease in activity, at least not for any extended period.

Anyway problem(s) aside, I would suggest that should you need to re-install again you should install the latest version (unless you know of a bug, or other good reason not to). V2.0.9 is well over a year old and there have been at least 3 significant updates since then.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Can someone please tell me why I am not getting the correct parcel rate amount for this item

The shipping weight etc I have is as follows:

Please note: the weight is correct grams.
    I am unsure of the dimensions for what a 3kg satchel should be etc...

The shopping cart will show the following:

I should be getting $16.85 BEFORE the handling amount.
    It doesn't show up as $22 for Express Post when I had that option set in Admin either.

I hope someone can help me ASAP please.
    Kind Regards Casey