Page 154 of 226 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by GAM View Post
    Further to above... Getting the following messages in OzPost Admin:

cURL communication ERROR: couldn't connect to host
    Unable to connect to Ozpost server

I haven't changed anything but not sure whether this could stem from my host side?
    Seems to be fixed now. Thanks Rod.

Cheers
    Greig

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

Quick question I am using the ozpost V2.0.6 however Australia Post rates have just gone up. Question is can I adjust rates in this module in a table somewhere? or am I stuck with the rates hard coded into this module?

Reason I ask is I didn't want to upgrade to new monthly fee version at the moment, spent enough on setting up shop at this point and I just want to get it online and running for a few month before looking at upgrading modules.

Look forward to reply, thanks Cheryl.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cherylam1103 View Post
    Hi Rod,

Quick question I am using the ozpost V2.0.6 however Australia Post rates have just gone up. Question is can I adjust rates in this module in a table somewhere? or am I stuck with the rates hard coded into this module?
    Neither. The rates are obtained from the ozpost.net servers, which means you never need to update them... thats my job.

Have you noticed a discrepency somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by cherylam1103 View Post
    Reason I ask is I didn't want to upgrade to new monthly fee version
    One (or both) of us is confused. If you are using *any* version of *ozpost* you will need to subscribe or it will cease to work after your 60 day trial.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

First, thanks for quick reply. I re-checked some test products and rates look to be correct now with cost of postage being covered. Going to run store live for one month to see how much business I do before changing anthing as all looks to be running fine.

Thanks for assistance, regards Cheryl.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

1. please correct me if I am wrong but in v2.2.2 your

admin\includes\modules\product\collect_info.php

does not incorporate the changes of 139h, notwithstanding the following bugfix issued for those running php 5.2.3 or less:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...64&postcount=6.

2. in includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php, the following switch to localhost (around Line 81) still seems to require a live curl connection just to install the mod.

// $this->SERVER = 'ozpost.net';
    $this->SERVER = 'localhost/zencart/' ; // local testing

Having got the error message, I pressed the back button and the mod allowed me to install, and it works but only with the default rates as well as the flat, weight and the other option - which is what I expected.

However, when I am come to go live, am I good to go by just reversing the switch, or will I also need to uninstall/reinstall the mod.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dw08gm View Post
    Hi Rod

1. please correct me if I am wrong but in v2.2.2 your

admin\includes\modules\product\collect_info.php
    does not incorporate the changes of 139h,
    No correction needed...V2.2.2 was coded long before the 1.3.9h changes.

2. in includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php, the following switch to localhost (around Line 81) still seems to require a live curl connection just to install the mod.

// $this->SERVER = 'ozpost.net';
    $this->SERVER = 'localhost/zencart/' ; // local testing
    That 'switch' is what I use for development. It won't do you (or anyone else) any good whatsoever, and yes, the module does require a 'live curl connection' to install. This is/was intentional because it helps with diagnosis of problems... simply put, when it was possible to install without the cURL check people were forever reporting that that could only get the flat/static rates, and it used to take several messages to determine they were lacking this very basic requirement for cURL - Even though it is clearly mentioned in several places.

By adding this check as/when the module is installed has saved me many, many hours of asking "is your cURL working" before I can progress onto other possible problems that would cause the eaxct same symptoms.

Having got the error message,
    Err, exactly waht is THE error message? the ozpost module could produce dozens of them, each detailing a different problem.

I'm guessing you are referring to the one that says it couldn't connect to the server asnd asks if cURL is installed?

I pressed the back button and the mod allowed me to install, and it works but only with the default rates as well as the flat, weight and the other option - which is what I expected.
    Good :)

However, when I am come to go live, am I good to go by just reversing the switch, or will I also need to uninstall/reinstall the mod.
    As I said above, that 'switch' is really only useful for me, but to answer the question I think I need to ask what you mean by 'go live'. For some people this is just a mattter of taking the store out of maintainance mode, but for others they are talking about copying the files, etc from their local host over to a live server.

If the former, then yes, setting the server back where it was should be all you need to do, but if you are talking about migrating the files to a live server you will need to keep in mind that you'll also need to migrate the database too, otherwise you will need to uninstall/reinstall the mod as it is this action that updates the database records.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    No correction needed...V2.2.2 was coded long before the 1.3.9h changes.
    I have had no trouble merging any of the files to 139h.

IIRC there is also a missing closing </td> in there somewhere.

That 'switch' is what I use for development. It won't do you (or anyone else) any good whatsoever, and yes, the module does require a 'live curl connection' to install. This is/was intentional because it helps with diagnosis of problems... simply put, when it was possible to install without the cURL check people were forever reporting that that could only get the flat/static rates, and it used to take several messages to determine they were lacking this very basic requirement for cURL - Even though it is clearly mentioned in several places.

By adding this check as/when the module is installed has saved me many, many hours of asking "is your cURL working" before I can progress onto other possible problems that would cause the eaxct same symptoms.
    I was aware of the history of curl problems, even had one myself, but upon discovering the switch, I thought that it may have been put there for those wishing to work on localhost.

Err, exactly waht is THE error message? the ozpost module could produce dozens of them, each detailing a different problem.

I'm guessing you are referring to the one that says it couldn't connect to the server asnd asks if cURL is installed?
    Yes, the "could not connect to server" message.

Good :)

As I said above, that 'switch' is really only useful for me, but to answer the question I think I need to ask what you mean by 'go live'. For some people this is just a mattter of taking the store out of maintainance mode, but for others they are talking about copying the files, etc from their local host over to a live server.

If the former, then yes, setting the server back where it was should be all you need to do, but if you are talking about migrating the files to a live server you will need to keep in mind that you'll also need to migrate the database too, otherwise you will need to uninstall/reinstall the mod as it is this action that updates the database records.

Cheers
    Rod
    I have both live and localhost test setups, where the former is currently running an early 2 version of ozpost and the latter now has the latest version. The upgrading of the shipping module has been left til last as I have had other issues to deal with. Eventually everything on localhost, including the database, will be transfered to the live setup. Then the fun will really begin.

Thanks for the clarity

Plugin Contributions

RodG,

Now that Australia post has added a $9.00 fee for any item shipped to the USA do we need to do any adjustments as this is the only country that has this that I know of.

Our will you have an update to correct this because I can not see any option.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce1952 View Post
    RodG,

Now that Australia post has added a $9.00 fee for any item shipped to the USA do we need to do any adjustments as this is the only country that has this that I know of.

Our will you have an update to correct this because I can not see any option.
    This fee is automatically added when/where applicable. You don't need to set anything.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

I'm finding that if I have debug turned on, I get the proper shipping quotes. It I turn debuf off, I only get the default flat rates.

I have just set up on a new server and I seem to recall this occurring before but cannot remember the solution?

Cheers,

Peter.